Sunday, July 14, 2019

On Such a Winter's Day - Jenolan Caves Scrapbook Layout - Aussie Scrapper

Hello Crafty Friends!
It's the weekend and (in Aus anyway) it's freezing outside - so perfect scrapping weather!!
I hope Silvia inspires you to get scrapping today as she responds to the latest sketch challenge from our facebook group....




Hello my fellow crafty friends,  I bring you today's blog from the comfort of my lounge room as I sit in front of my fire.  Its way too cold to be in my craft room.

I would like to thanks Evelyn Anderson for the inspiration for today's layout.  In June on the Crafty Vera and Friends facebook group I asked for fellow members to challenge me for the month of July. Evelyn supplied the following sketch challenge.


Challenge accepted and off I went to find and develop my photos.


My next step is usually the hardest for me and it's choosing the papers.   This time I not only wanted papers that went with my photos, I wanted papers that represented the story as well.  The Authentique core papers for July were perfect.  This is the paper I picked for my main background paper as I loved the snowflakes and snowflakes are a big part of this story.


Going by the sketch I needed a piece of paper going down the left-hand side.  In the end I chose this paper because the pattern reminded me of the pine needles and pine trees that we saw as we drove into Jenolan caves. I trimmed the paper down to 4" across and 12" in length and I inked the edges using Archival ink in the colour library Green.


The sketch has another piece of paper for the main photo to sit on and I tried to pick a more neutral paper that complemented the other two busy papers. I chose this paper because the paper on it reminded me of the caves we visited.  I trimmed it down to size and also inked the edges with the Library green archival ink.

oops, the strip is 8" in length.


Here is how it all looks once the papers are all adhered to the main paper.



I was looking at the stamps I chose from Kaisercraft called "Wandering Ivy" and I wanted to use the border stamp as I loved the pattern so I got out my Tim Holtz stamping platform and started stamping.  I must add that the scrap paper was the wrong shade so I inked it using my Distress ink in the colour.


I took my trimmer and cut that strip and used it on my layout. A simple strip that just made all the difference to my layout.  



I took that same piece of inked cardstock and I used embossing ink to ink the stamp and then I sprinkled it with some Ranger embossing powder and used my heat tool to emboss. Love how this turned out.


I am ready to put this layout together but first I must choose some ephemera from the Kaisercraft Collectables with was one of my chosen products from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.



To help complete this layout I did take two different washi tapes and layered them on the left-hand side of the layout.  The first washi tape I used was a wide and soft beige colour and on top of it, I layered a second washi tape strip that had some leafy pattern and was much narrower.  I also took some more ephemera from the Kaisercraft Collectables and made a small cluster on the top right-hand side.

I should add that all my photos were matted using some beige scrap cardstock.  I did this so the photos would stand out and not blend into the background.

Thank you all so much and remember to go to the Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft website to check out all her wonderful goodies.  I know she has been busy uploading lots of wonderful goodies to enable us to craft and scrapbook our little hearts out.  All the papers, stamps and ephemera on this layout are on special at Aunty Vera's website.

HERE is the link to my youtube video - would love to have you as a subscriber.

1 comment:

  1. This layout looks wonderful Silvia and brought back memories of years ago when I visited the Jenolan Caves, many many moons ago...lol xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...