Wednesday, July 24, 2019

On Such a Winter's Day - Tina's Christmas Gift Set

Hello Crafty Friends!
As July (and the coldest part of winter) draws to an end, Tina shares her project for a beautiful winter inspired gift set. Wouldn't this make such an awesome Christmas gift for a very special person? There's plenty of time to get busy creating a few!




Hi everyone.
July is almost over and my final project for the month is a little gift set that has a few of the essentials for Christmas.
A perfect gift for someone. The set consists of a Christmas card and a box set containing four gift tags, four Christmas cards and a tree ornament.




The card measures 5'' x 5'' and I layered it several times with the beautiful papers from the Authentique -  Solitude collection and distressed all the edges. ( I don't have a distress too but my Cutter Bee scissors does the job well).


 I finished the card with a poinsettia made with the Tim Holtz - Tattered Poinsettia - Die, berries from my stash and the banner from the elements sheet.


To make the mini shadow box tree ornament, I cut four of the Kaisercraft - Ornate Frame
in natural craft card and one in metallic gold cardstock and glued them on to each other.


I made a shadow box to fit just along the inside edge of the frame and then I added 1/2'' on all sides (depending on how deep you want the shadow box) and scored 1/2'' on all the sides. Fold along the score lines and snip the corners as shown below for the base gluing the corner flaps on the inside to make the shadow box. I made mine in the gold metallic cardstock but for the purpose of this tutorial I have shown it in white paper.


Do the same with the image piece but slightly smaller and cut away the corner pieces.


Next Glue the image piece in to the base and on to the back of the frame piece which I embossed with
Ranger - Enamelware - Embossing Powder.


 I added a decorative branch, mini pine cones and red and gold berries from my stash. I also added  some of the DecoArt Dimensional Effects - Paintable Texture Paste to give a snow look.


Some ribbon from my stash and the little tree ornament is finished.


The gift boxes are all made in the same way as the shadow box (with the lid being slightly bigger), the measurements will be determined by the sizes of the cards, tags and shadow box ornament.


Here are the four cards and gift box.






 Four tags with the matching gift box. I used the Tim Holtz - Idea - Ology - Adornments - Snowflakes to finish them off.








I hope you enjoyed this Christmas Gift Set.

Here is a list of the products for this month
Core Products
Authentique 12 x 12 - Papers - Solitude
Authentique 12 x 12 - Elements Sheet.

Chosen Products
DecoArt Dimensional Effects - Paintable Texture Paste.
Kaisercraft Die Set - Ornate Pack 1.
Tim Holtz Idea - Ology - Baseboard Frames - Lace.
Graphic 45 - Rose Bouquet - Bon Voyage and French Blue.
Ranger - Distress Glitter - Clear Rock Candy.
Tim Holtz - Idea - Ology - Adornments - Snowflakes.

All the products listed can be purchased HERE at a discounted price.


Thank You and Happy Crafting
Tina xxx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...