Tuesday, July 16, 2019

On Such a Winter's Day - Wendy's Handmade Journal Pen

Hello Crafty Friends!
Today Wendy shares a fun and quick project that will be a hit with all the pen fiends (you know who you are,,,,lol!)



JOURNAL PEN

These handmade journal pens look wonderful and are so very useful if you are an avid journaler. They all have a paper-clip on the back of them, which is used to slide your pen over your page and can also be used as a bookmark in your journal.



What I used:
* Pen refills (mine purchased from Officeworks Aust.)
* Strips of Aunthentique 'Solitude One' paper
* Paper-clip
* PVA glue
* An Awl to punch a hole
* Some clips to hold sides together whie glue is drying
* Threads from my supplies

I started using two strips of Authentique 'Solitude One' patterned paper each cut at 1 inch wide, with lengths cut at 5 1/2 inches and the other cut at 6 1/2 inches.



The 6 1/2 inch strip is folded at about an inch on one end, where a small hole is made in the center of the fold line. This is where the pen refill will be pshed through. Place some double-sided tape along the center of each strip and then push the pen refill cartridge through the hole until the nib is showing. I then placed some PVA glue to the very edge of the inside folded flap and pressed it down.


I cut and thread some fibers through the end of a paper clip and pushed it onto the end of the strip of paper holding the pen refill. 


Once my paper clip is pushed on. I put a little more glue are the edges of the 5 1/2 inch strip and placed it on top.
To hold the edges together until the glue dries, I used some clamps. It doesn't take long for the glue to dry but this just makes sure the edges are connected to front and back.


Then after removing the clamps, I inked around the edges of the pen with some vintage sepia ink. I cut two angled pieces from each side near the nib of the pen and then gave it a little ink also.



To add a little decoration to the front of the pen, I cut out the company name "Authentique" and used double-sided tape to adhere it to the front of the pen.


Front and Back View Below




This was a very easy and useful project that will look wonderful clipped over the top of your page in your journal or even given as a gift to a special friend.




Some of the other journal pens I made:



You may like to watch my process video below:




I hope you enjoyed this fun easy useful project. 

Wendy xox

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...