Friday, July 5, 2019

On Such a Winter's Day - Tina's Christmas Frame Ornaments.

Hello Crafty Friends!
I'm so excited - Tina is giving us all a reason to start.... CHRISTMAS CRAFTING!!!!!! Yay!!
Enough said!






Hello everyone. Winter is truly here and I am loving the cold, rainy days. I love Christmas crafting in winter and this month's papers are so perfect for that. I had planned to purchase this collection, so I am grateful to have them for this month's theme. I hope to bring you ideas for your Christmas crafting to inspire you all to get a head start on your festive projects (unlike past attempts, I plan to get a head start this year).
For my first project I have made framed Christmas tree ornaments.


I started with two of the Tim Holtz Idea - Ology - Baseboard Frames - Lace.


I inked all the top with Distress Ink - Faded Jeans, applying more to the edges and the inner circle.
Next I added Ranger Embossing Powder - Enamel Ware, ( I use this so much because I love the beautiful finish, but you can use a clear embossing powder and add a small amount of fine glitter before drying with your heat tool).


Next, I cut out two of the images from the paper collection and used my Wink Of Stella to highlight the snow on the tree branches and some of the children's clothing on the image on the right.


I glued the frames onto the images.


I added some imitation snow on one of the frames.


I glued half of an oval two piece plastic ornament on to the image and decorated it with ribbon and pearl string from my stash.


I attached silver jewelry bails to the back and added a thin silver chain on both frames.


Next I added flowers, some beautiful sapphire blue glass gems, other bits from my stash and a sentiment from the elements sheet.


For the second frame, I sprayed it with Sheer Shimmer - Craft Spray - Sparkle.


I don't think the photo captures how shimmery it is.


Next I added a poinsettia made with the Tim Holtz - Tattered Poinsettia - Die, and a sentiment from my stash.


To finish both ornaments I brushed the Mod Podge - Extreme Glitter on to the frame and sprinkled some of the Twinklets - Diamond Dust on. This will make sure when it is on my tree it will sparkle against the lights.






The ornaments are now ready to hang. (in December, but slightly earlier in my case).



I hope you enjoyed the first of my Christmas in July crafting projects.


Here is a list of the products for this month
Core Products
Authentique 12 x 12 - Papers - Solitude
Authentique 12 x 12 - Elements Sheet.

Chosen Products
DecoArt Dimensional Effects - Paintable Texture Paste.
Kaisercraft Die Set - Ornate Pack 1.
Tim Holtz Idea - Ology - Baseboard Frames - Lace.
Graphic 45 - Rose Bouquet - Bon Voyage and French Blue.
Ranger - Distress Glitter - Clear Rock Candy.
Tim Holtz - Idea - Ology - Adornments - Snowflakes.

All the products listed can be purchased HERE at a discounted price.

Thank You and Happy Crafting
Tina xxx

7 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous Tina xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tina, now to head to the shops to find all the products to make these gorgeous frames.. Oh dear this is going to be another one of those months where I want to make everything lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, the papers are so beautiful 💕

      Delete
  3. Tina, your Christmas ornaments are just beautiful. I love your work so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Tina. I need to find out where you live and raid your craft room

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...