Monday, December 9, 2019

Stars in the Bright Sky - Donna's Filigree Ornaments




Hi all,
This month is going so fast it scares me to know Christmas is literally only weeks away..
I love the papers and goodies I received from Aunty Vera this December and I adored the Filigree Nativity Ornament die from Cottage Cutz.
I had in mind from the start what I was going to create with this die but as always the mind does its own thing and off it goes down a different track lol..

To start with I die cut the top layer then cut 4 from white cardstock..


With the top die cuts I inked them with Versamark Ink .


I did 2 coats of the White Satin Pearl Embossing Powder to give it a beautiful shiny look..



With the patterned tops I coated them in 2 layers of clear embossing powder..


The six together, do you see the gloss of the embossing powders. 



I adhered 4 of the white die cuts together and then the top gloss die cut..
I was pretty much going to leave it as that with ribbon and flowers but it just didn't look right so I looked at the paper and yep I traced around the ornament and cut it out.. 


After adhering it together, I punched a hole in the handle to tie a ribbon on it and sprayed some glitter over the whole thing to give it some 'sparkle'. I then placed two bling to finish it off..


I love these pearl brads that I have had for a long time but only had silver which is ok for the silver poinsettias but for the gold not so good.. 


Out comes a copic marker and I now have a gold brad..


The finished Filigree ornaments for my little tree..
The poinsettia die is from DooHicky..




My favourite one, I love this for some reason..






I love love these stars from the master of creation Tim Holtz and decided to use this for the top of my little tree.. I am going to be cutting out more to place throughout the tree so keep your eye out..


My little tree


I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

Products 
You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group Crafty Vera and Friends to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout December
.............................................................
My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...