Sunday, December 15, 2019

Stars in The Bright Sky - Donna's Shaker Box



Hi all,
Don't you just love creating things for Christmas, I do for sure.. 
BE WARNED: A heavy photo post..
Well with the wonderful papers I had from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft, I knew this 
was going to be a delight to do..
I have had this wooden ornament for a couple of years and as I decided I was only going to do
 'off the page' items for my Creative Team projects, this was perfect.
I gave it a coat of Gesso and let it dry.. 


It was a hard choice for the papers as I really like them all.. I cut out the back and with the front frame I distressed and sanded it to give it a bit more interest, then I adhered the back to the ornament to make a shadow box.. (don't add the top frame as yet).


By this stage I knew I was going to make it into a shaker box so twisted 
these little snowflakes out ready..
(I am keeping the waste as a stencil for a future project)..


I painted the tree and reindeer with Distress Inks. I then added thick Gesso for snow.


Now I love Glitter with snow and that is exactly what I sprinkled in this while still wet..
I cut out a little fence and placed it behind the deer and added some stickers from the sticker sheet that came with the Away In A Manger Collection.. 


I also added little bells and tiny balls. Once I was happy with all the things I wanted in this box,
 (I sprinkled white glitter on the bottom and the tiny snowflakes I prepared earlier) I then placed acetate on the front then the patterned frame to give me a shaker box..


 Isn't that washi tape just gorgeous !! And that Noel sticker fitted perfectly with 3D foam tape. 


'While up above in beauty bright' from the clipping Christmas stickers was perfect for this box.


I had these hearts left over from the Filigree Ornaments I created earlier, so I decided to use three hearts popped up with 3D foam tape on each side. I added some gold glitter and a little bit of snow for contrast..


This shaker box measures at 5 3/4 inches x 5 3/4 inches, I also added washi tape around the box and tiny bits of snow around the edges.


The finished shaker box with a gold star to hide the hook and ribbon..


 Love these little buttons and thought they would be perfect as Christmas tree decorations..


The shaker box can also stand on its own which is how I will use it.. 


 The little Christmas Tree full of home decorations..


I placed some lights behind the box just to see if would work.. It did but I wasn't too keen on it at all, though saying that this looks heaps better in 'real' life than the picture...


I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

Products 
.............................................................
My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...