Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Beautiful Day - Gina's Altered Notepads




I have to say, I have really enjoyed playing with everything I received in my box this month and it is so exciting to see other peoples versions of my projects. That has been the best start to the year I could hope for.

This week I am sharing some notepads I altered. I bought these from IGA which is local to WA but I'm sure you could find similar ones in a $2 shop. This is what I started with.


I opened up the binding and carefully removed the cover of each notepad. The first one, I covered with the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes - Heritage Handwritten paper. I punched the holes with my 1/8th inch hole punch.


I fussy cut one of the portraits from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes - Heritage Portrait paper which I stuck in the centre.

I also fussy cut some of the flowers from the Handwritten paper and layered them on top of some of the flowers to create a 3D effect.


I've added stickers from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Small Talk sticker book which I have inked the edges with my Kaisercraft Vintage ink and glossy accents on the raised flowers to finish it off. I put the cover back on the notepad and put the binding back on and voila, your first altered notepad.


For the base of the next notepad, I used the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes - Heritage Generations paper.


Then I used the Sizzix Tim Holtz pocket frame die to die cut a frame on the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes - Heritage Portrait paper and to die cut a portrait to go into the frame from the same paper.


I layered this onto the cover with some of my off-cuts and put the cover back onto the notepad.


To finish this one, I added a sticker from the Tim Holtz idea-ology small talk sticker book, the edges of which have been inked with my Kaisercraft Vintage ink, a die cut arrow, a flower fussy cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes - Heritage Lifetime paper and some flatback pearls from my stash.


The last cover has the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes - Heritage Postmarked paper as the base.


I've stuck the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes - Heritage Homestead paper on the bottom and some lace from my stash over that.

I added some ribbons from my stash on the top border of the lace and a boy with his dog from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology paper dolls. I cut up one of the stickers from the Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker book and layered it next to the boy.


I added another layer of lace on the bottom, some flatback pearls on the ribbon and a bow from my stash to complete it.


And here are the three altered notepads. My daughter says the last one is her favourite.


See you again next week. Until then let's enjoy our creativity with confidence!

Gina xx










1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea. I agree with your daughter the last one is the best, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...