Friday, January 31, 2020

Beautiful Day - Gina's binder junk journal




Hello everyone. I hope you have all had a good month and hope we don't have to deal with any more heatwaves in Februaury.

My last project for this month is a junk journal made using the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tattered Worn Binder. I have lightly inked the edges and the sides of the binder using the Inka gold - old gold. I have then cut a sheet of Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Generarions paper at 6" x 4", Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Album paper at 5 3/4" x 3 3/4" and Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Keepsake paper at 5 1/2" x 3 1/2".


I inked the edges of all the papers with my Kaisercraft vintage ink and then layered them on top of each other on the binder.


I had a little wooden frame in my stash on which I have used the Inka Gold - old gold to give it a lovely vintage gold colour. Inside the frame I have used one of the pictures from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Generations paper.


Next I took a piece of lace trim from my stash, distressed it with my Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink and stuck it on the left of the binder.


To finish the cover I added some flatback pearls from my stash on the top, one of the Tim Holtz small talk stickers which I have stuck on an offcut and a rose fussy cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Family Tree paper.


On the inside of the front cover I have stuck a piece of Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Handwritten paper cut at 6 1/2" x 4 1/2" and I have used the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Album paper to make a pocket. For the back cover, I have used the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Decades paper cut at the same size and the Heritage Album paper again to make a pocket.


I will show you some pictures of how I decorated some of the pages inside.


In the pocket of the front cover, I have put an ATC I made, Here you can see one of the cards from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Perennial paper which I have used as a page. I have also added some coffee dyed pages. The one behind this, I have used a border punch to pretty it up.


On the left is the Crate Paper Maggies Holmes Heritage Keepsake paper cut at 6 1/2'' x 4 1/2". I have made a bellyband using the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Homestead paper. In the middle of the bellyband, I have stuck a portrait fussy cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Decades paper. I have put a tag I made through the band. On the right, I have used some Vintage pink paper from my stash and created a side pocket on it. I have used the Maggie Holmes Heritage Homestead paper on the pocket and a little house on the corner fussy cut from the same paper. In the pocket is another ATC I have made.


On the left, I have used a paperclip to attach a card and a photo, one of the easiest ways to decorate a page. On the right is some eco-dyed paper onto which I have created a double belly band by gluing just the top and bottom parts of both the strips. In the middle of the bellyband, I have stuck another fussy cut flower. Under the band is another ATC.


I love using the Sizzim Tim Holtz stitched slots die for my journals. The pocket on the left is created using Kraft cardstock. The "Love You" is cut from the Crate Paper Maggies Holmes Heritage Lifetime paper. The flower tuck on the right was fussy cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Keepsake paper and the card is cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Perennial paper.


I could not resist using the Tim Holtz Pocket Frame die again. This time I have left the top open so it is like a pocket tag and you can insert whatever picture you want or change pictures when you feel like. On the right is a paper from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Worn Wallpaper Christmas collection. I thought the colours went very well with the theme. I have an envelope flap which I am using as a tuck.


I've decorated the page on the left with some goodies from my stash and on the right is a pocket page using different Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage paper. The maximum size I have used for the pages is 6 1/2" x 4 1/2" because I didn'r want the pages hanging out.


This last page I have created using a paperbag from my stash. I have folded it to make many pockets and covered it with the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage Handwritten and Homestead paper. I have placed one of the Tim Holtz Idea-ology paper dolls in one of the pockets and a Tim Holtz Idea-ology jeweled charm on a bulb pin hanging from the lace.

For those who follow my youtube channel, I will post a full flipthrough of the journal once the kids are back at school.

I will see you again soon. Till then lets enjoy our creativity with confidence.

Gina xx


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...