Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Beautiful Day - Gina's New Year scrapbook layout




My New Year always starts with me wanting to do more scrapbook layouts and lasts for at least the first 2-3 months so I thought I'd start with a layout using some lovely photos I took of my daughters in their New Year dresses.

I started by die cutting some of the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage paper with the Sizzix Tim Holtz pocket frame die set. For the first three frames, I used the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Daughter, Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Handwritten and Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Portrait papers. The pictures I took with my Instax camera turned out to be the perfect fit for this die.


I die cut three more frames and used off cuts which I stuck where the pictures should go. For these frames, I used the Maggie Holmes Crate Paper Heritage: Handwritten, Maggie Holmes Crate Paper Heritage: family Tree and Maggie Holmes Crate Paper Heritage: Perennial papers.


Next I took a Vintage yellow 12x12 scrapbook paper from my stash which I used as the base. I cut a 4 inch strip of Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Postmarked paper which I stuck on the left of the page. I cut a strip of Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Homestead paper at 1 1/2 inches and stuck that slightly overlapping the Postmarked paper. On the right, I stuck my frames.


In the middle of the Homestead paper, I glued the dark green Santoro leaf ribbon.


Next, I die cut a tag on the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Generations paper. I fussy cut the "You make life beautiful" sentiment from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Lifetime paper and used my Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink to colour it followed by my Kaisercraft Cotton Candy ink. I used a piece of the blue WRMK Sew Easy bakers twine for the tag an stuck them on the top left to make the title for the layout. I also stuck a little bow from my stash under it.

I die cut the arrows, banners and shapes that came with the Tim Holtz Frame die using some of the paper off-cuts.


Now to decorate each frame. For the first frame, I used one of the diecut arrows and a heart an also a little frame that I fussy cut from an off-cut. The second frame with my eldest daughter has flowers in the top left corner that I fussy cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Handwritten paper, and a banner on top of which I stuck one of the Tim Holtz Small Talk stickers.


For the middles frames I added some more fussy cut flowers to my second daughter's picture and also some roses I fussy cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Family Tree paper. I love the 'family' at the bottom so I just added some die cut hearts next to it. I fussy cut the portrait from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Decades paper which I stuck in the centre of the next frame. I put a banner at the bottom with a Tim Holtz sticker over it and die cut stars in the top left and bottom right corners.


The bottom left frame has a flower fussy cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Lifetime paper, a Tim Holtz small talk sticker, die cut arrows and a little boy sitting on the bottom edge of the frame from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paper Dolls. The last frame with my girls has another banner, Tim Holtz sticker, a bow fussy cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage: Decades paper and a die cut star in the bottom right corner.


And here is the completed scrapbook page. I thought about adding something more on the left but I wanted the frames to be the focus so I left it as is. I might add some journaling on the left.


Thank you for following along with me and see you again soon. Till then let's enjoy our creativity with confidence

Gina xx

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, the start of the year photos always seems to hold so much promise. New clothes, new hopes etc. Great idea to preserve this time and the paper is perfect for doing family photo's. Wish my kids would let me take photo's of them. They seem to like selfies but not photo's mum wants. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Gina. I love Scrap booking but for some strange reason never do it much. Go figure lol. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous as are your girls! I haven't ever done a scrap booking layout but seeing all the awesome ones you ladies do is convincing me this is something I must try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make it look so simple. Am going to scrap lift this exact layout 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...