Friday, January 10, 2020

Beautiful Day - Sue's Tags, Journaling cards and Pockets for Beautiful Day Paperbag Junk Journal





Hi Once again and welcome to my second project. 
This project is the second part of the Paper bag Junk journal, I’m making some tags, journaling cards and pockets for the journal.



 Here are the items I have selected for my project today.






I started by going through the papers and cutting up the ‘Keepsake” and ‘Perennial’ papers, these ones have journaling cards already.    


I begin with the text section on the keepsake paper and make a simple tag shape, then embellish it with some cream Santoro lace, a couple of  off cut strips from the back of the Perennial paper and the keepsake paper and one of the cut out stamps from “Postmarked”. Don’t forget to distress the edges. I used some blue Santoro lace to tie through a hole at the top.

 


Next I made a simple pocket using a cut out from the Perennial paper.  I simply cut it to fit onto one of the music paper pages.  Later I added a little embellishment.



Two more journaling cards were made from more cut aparts from the Keepsake paper.  Some paper scraps, blue Santoro lace and stamps from the Postmarked paper completed the cards.  Once card was zig zagged stitched around and a piece of cream lace added for decoration.




The flower image from the Keepsake paper was embellished with scrap music paper, cream Santoro lace and another stamp cut out from the Postmarked paper.



Some more corner tucks, another journaling card, a butterfly flip out and a scrap embellishment sewn on the machine were made also. The back of the Album paper also was used for some extra journaling cards.





A very simple journal with some lovely embellishments and plenty of paper to spare to make more embellishments.  Let your imagination go wild and personalize it to your taste.
You can watch my process video HERE.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...