Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Beautiful Day - Gina's Memory/ Treasure box




Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping 2020 brings us lots of happiness, achievement and a whole lot of inspiration.

My first creation this month is a memory box. You can also use it to keep your treasures or knickknacks. I started with a wooden box I bought from Kmart. I inked all the edges of the box with the Inka Gold - old gold and also the metal clasps. I wish I had taken a before and after picture for you to see the effect but I forgot. The clasp was a pale gold colour but the Inka Gold gave it a darker more vintage look.

Next I covered the outside of the box with the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes: Heritage Family Tree paper.

I inked the edges of the inside with Inka Gold - Old Gold as well and covered it with Crate Paper Maggie Holmes: Heritage Daughter paper.


Next, I layered some of the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paper Dolls on the inside of the lid and added a Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker.


On the outside cover, I stuck one of the 4x6 cards from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes: Heritage Perennial paper, the edges of which I distressed with my Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink. Over that I have stuck one of the portraits and a flower which I fussy cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes: Heritage Portrait paper.


I then added some metal corner brackets from my stash.


 Around the box, I stuck some lace and some flat back pearls from my stash.


I finished it off by adding a camera, I fussy cut from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes: Heritage Album paper and a flower from the Graphic 45 staples rose bouquet collection - classic ivory natural linen


Here's a picture of the completed box.


Thank you for following along with me and see you again soon with my next creation. Till then let's enjoy our creativity with confidence.

Gina xx

3 comments:

  1. Love this and how practical as well.. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! I need to find a box now. This is beautiful. Love the little people in the lid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this box Gina, I am definitely going to make one. 💕💕

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...