Monday, January 6, 2020

Beautiful Day - Wendy's Greeting Cards





Greeting Cards

Welcome everyone to a brand New Year 2020!. I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and I'd like to wish you all many many blessings in 2020.

At the start of every year, I like to get a 'jump' on my Happy Mail items and cards. I usually make about ten but they always seem to go so fast. You'd think I'd know to make more but hey,...I still haven't learnt!...LOL LOL... So, my first project for Aunty Vera this month is making some handmade cards that I can send in with my happy mail parcels. I wanted colour and circles! 

What I Used:
* Jane Davenport 'Colour is Hapiness"Stamp Set
* White pre-folded cards
 (fossiled amber, pickled raspberry, barn door and spiced marmalade)
* a black marker
* a white signo marker
* a small 'Hello' stamp from my supplies
* some strips of masking tape for borders
* Black Stazon Ink



To start I ripped some strips of masking tape and pressed them against the clothes I have on. This takes some of the stick off the tape which allows you to remove it off the card easier. The picture below shows where I have placed the masking tape around the edges of the card to make a border.



The image below shows another style of placing the masking tape further in on the card and this allows you to decorate the very edge of the cards. Just another easy process.



With the first card I placed the masking tape around the edges and then used my circle dabbers and the 'fossiled amber' and 'picked raspberry' Distress inks. I dabbed the ink on the card, trying to get complete circles. But also inked over the masked edges, so when the tape is pulled off, it looks like a half circle. Using the lighter colour first, then the darker colour.


Before removing the tape, I used the flower stamp from the Jane Davenport "Colour Is Happiness' set and stamped the image on the background and also used my 'hello' stamp at the top. So fun, so quick and so very easy...my first card is done!


I repeated this process a few times on more cards and just stamped different images on the inked backgrounds.


Above: stamped just the 'Hello" and will highlight circles with a black marker and also used the said marker to draw on a border.


Above: stamped the lady and Hello.

I also coloured just the borders on some of the cards by placing the masking tape further in on the card leaving about a half inch gap on the edges.  With this process I did the top and bottom of the card first then removed the tape. Then placed the masking tape down  the sides of the card, so I could colour the sides.



This process gives you a lovely negative image view. I used the same stamps but stamped them on the white part of the cards.



And using the fower stamp, the 'hello' and black marker below.


I was having so much fun making some cards I grabbed some of my small index cards out and more or less repeated the process on them.


And then stamped the images on them.


Decorating the index cards, I was thinking how good it was to have the lines at the side of my images, so I could jot down my note.
I also used some white envelopes and inked around parts of the edges so the envelopes matched the cards in colour.


With a few of the cards I added a little more detail on them using my black and white markers. It's up to you to add what you like but a little bit of added detail makes them even more special...heehee!






I really enjoed making my 'Greeting Cards' and this is such an easy and fun process!
You can watch my process video by clicking below...


I hope you will be inspired to make your own Greeting Cards for this year. I'm sure the recipient will cherish your handmade cards.

Have a Great New Year Guys!!

Wendy xox

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea and one I might have to case Wendy. Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome, and good idea getting a head-start!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...