Wednesday, October 3, 2018

I'm Not Afraid - Donna's Halloween Candle Holder

Hello Crafty Friends!
Let's get the fun spooky Halloween craft started!
Today Donna creates a candle holder that looks gorgeous enough in the daylight..... but then wait for dark and turn on the battery candle and faint faint FAINT! I love it so much!!!!




Hi all,
Well it is now October, can you believe that at all!!!
The months are flying by fast as, will be Christmas soon eek!!..

Today I have for you, a Halloween Candle Holder project from the
 October Kit 'I'm Not Afraid' 
I hope you like it!!

Die cut one branch tree in black.
Die cut two pediments in black.
Die cut two 3 inch circles (for strength).
Die cut two fences - one in black and one in orange cardstock.
Cut two 5 1/4inch x 3inch black cardstock and one in patterned paper.


Adhere the two circles together and cut 2 1/8 inch off one 'side' as shown.. 


 Adhere the patterned paper and a pediments to one piece of black cardstock.


Cut the orange fence down on the bottom and adhere to the black fence as shown.
Curve with a ruler..


Adhere the flat side of the circle on the patterned paper using a hot glue gun then glue the fence around the circle and fold the ends around the back and adhere.
Adhere the other piece of black cardstock on top of it and the other pediment to finish strengthening the base.. Adhere the tree as shown.
  

Decorate as desired.. Here I have die cut several spiders and webs and positioned them around the holder.  I have also fussy cut bats, ghosts and pumpkins..


I fussy cut the head stone and attached it with 3D foam tape. I placed a bit of 'stuff' in the little glass charm and added a chain. (Do you recognise the web at the back ?? It is from the August kit)..


I fussy cut the little witch, legs and a hat from the paper in the kit to make her appear larger..


I see she had a surprised expression on her face, so I thought 'oh no', she has broken her broom.


A candle in the well with an eyeball and spider finished the holder..
 I made this with an Australian twist with the Red Back Spider.. 


You cannot see it in these photos but there is lots of glitter, shine and Nuvo Crystal Glaze on this and the ghosts are wonderful in the sunlight..


Outside in the night with the battery candle going..


Looks pretty good, doesn't it..


I thought at first the little witch was too small, so after adding all the extra bits to her I photocopied her and made a little larger but found it to be too big then, so stayed with the original lol


Extra Materials: 
Branch Tree - Tim Holtz die
Pediments  - Tim Holtz die
Fence - Doo Hickey die
3 inch Round Punch
Spider and Web - Impression Obsession die
Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Tombow Liquid glue 
Kindy Glitz 
I hope I have inspired 
you to create
 Glorious things...
Hugs
Donna xx

BUY Aunty Vera's Monthly Kits HERE

October Monthly kit is available for $81.07  which is a saving of 20% on
 buying the items separately.

Postage is $9.90 to anywhere in Aus.
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

C O N T A C T:


 ................................

FB Crafty Vera and Friends HERE
My You tube page HERE
 My FB page Craft Making  HERE
My Blog HERE

1 comment:

  1. Wow Donna, this looks incredible! Love the idea of the candle holder, I don't normally do Halloween but just may have to try this one, thank you for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...