Wednesday, October 10, 2018

I'm Not Afraid - Donna's Halloween Card Set - A Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends!
Donna has such a great challenge for us today.... creating 6 cards from only the October Kit plus a very few "must haves" from her stash. I love this..... sometimes we need to be reminded that we don't need to keep adding to our stash (GUILTY!! lol) - it's quite easy to create gorgeousness from what we already have. go on.... I dare you to give it a try...... don't be afraid!


Hi all, 
I am back with a set of six cards from the October Kit 'I'm Not Afraid' from 
Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft..

I was asked by several friends to make a set of six cards that only used things from the kit plus the normal things from my own kit that are a total must for me.. 
 So with this in mind I set a challenge for myself that had 6 rules I had to follow:

1. Use the large journaling cards as the main feature .
2. Use only the paper in the kit plus plain black, green, orange, purple cardstock.
3. Use a white card base.
4. Use Black Soot Distress ink only.
5. Allowed to use Nuvo Crystal Glaze, Kindy Glitz, Wink of Stella pens and bling.. (My must have kit)..
6. Had to be simple cards..

I cut out the journaling cards, background cardstock and inked all the edges in Black Soot Distress ink.


I fussy cut some bats, pumpkins, ghosts and hats for the embellishments.


Card 1. I placed a black cardstock mat under this journaling piece and added a fussy cut pumpkin and ghost with 3D foam tape to give some definition. I did the same with the Hocus Pocus sign and placed a drop of glue in the middle of the bat and lifted the wings.. I added Kindy Glitz in the pumpkin eyes and mouth, on the princess crown and a little Nuvo Crystal Glaze on all the windows.. 


Card 2. While the Happy Halloween is bright the rest of the journaling piece was quite dull.. So out comes the gorgeous washi tape, a fussy cut hat, bat, pumpkin and ghost (all with 3D foam tape) and voila.. I added two corners with a bling, some glitter and Nuvo drops to finish it off... Nice!! 


Card 3. This was such a busy piece that I only used minimal embellishments.. I fussy cut the ghost, hat and pumpkin; with the hat adhered to the head and all embellishments placed on with 3D foam tape.. A little purple Nuvo drops, glitter and shine and it's finished..


Card 4. The family - again fussy cut embellishments added that touch to what is a lovely piece.  I did add some bling to her hat and skirt as well as some black Nuvo drops to the cat costume and purple Nuvo drops around the images..


Card 5. This is my favourite card, because it is strange.and quirky lol. 
Using strips of cardstock and black Nuvo drops to give it that little extra.. I placed 3D foam tape under the pumpkins and lots of glitter smiles.. 


Card 6. Again carrying the theme throughout the cards, I fussy cut the embellishments and adhered them using 3D foam tape.. I used green cardstock for the mat at the back to match Frankenstein's monster..Some washi tape and black Nuvo drops and a little glitter for the pumpkins faces and it was finished..


All six cards together, which is your favourite?!...


I hope I have inspired 
you to create
 Glorious things...
Hugs
Donna xx

BUY Aunty Vera's Monthly Kits HERE

October Monthly kit is available for $81.07 which is a saving of 20% on
 buying the items separately.

Postage is $9.90 to anywhere in Aus.
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

C O N T A C T:


 ................................

My You tube page HERE
 My FB page Craft Making  HERE
FB Crafty Vera and Friends HERE
My Blog HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...