Friday, October 26, 2018

I'm Not Afraid - Sarah's Happy Haunt Album

Hello Crafty Friends!
Ooh! Sarah has been working on a secret spooky book project.... and here it is! Ripping the pages out of an old book and changing it into a Happy Haunt Book..... I am all love heart eyes!!!!




Hi everyone! One of the things I love making more than anything else is crafty books - whether they be junk journals, mini albums or even flip books. So when I saw the I'm Not Afraid kit I knew I needed to 'build-a-book'!

To start with I gutted an old hard cover novel. Using a scalpel, I cut the pages out and kept just the cover.


I then used cloth tape on the spine to help strengthen it before altering my cover.


Next it was time to get messy! Using some acrylic paint from my stash I painted the entire front cover this deep purple. I later used some sealer that rubbed away a little bit of the paint so that it left a sort of blotchy purple-red - perfect for halloween!


For the title I added some thickers to the bottom right corner. So shiny!


I then glitzed up the background by using some Nuvo Glimmer Paste with the Black Bats Stencil. It's such a beautiful plum colour and oh so sparkly!


I also added some of the glimmer paste to the thickers just to help it all blend together.


For the middle of the cover I used a Tim Holtz Broomstick with some wet glue strings to form cobwebs.



So how did the cover all come together? You'll have to wait till the end to see! But I can sneak peak this cute little charm I made using the Tim Holtz Glass Vials along with some sequins and chain from my collection. I hope Snape would be proud of my potions!


After my cover was complete it was time to assemble my pages. I used a simple hinge system to bind my pages - you can find lots of variations of this technique on YouTube. I used papers from the Hocus Pocus collection in the kit, some as plain pages and others as pockets.


You can see a pocket page here, with one of the tags I made in a previous post.


You can also use journaling cards from the collection like I did here. I simply matted some 3x4" cards on black card stock. They look fantastic sticking out of the pocket!


I then made another pocket spread with one of my previous tags.


And this is the bag of the book.


Now for the big reveal... the completed book! I added some black lace from my collection to the spine, as well as some green trim around the edge. I then attached the charm to the spine of the book using an eyelet. And that's this sparkly, Happy Haunt Album done!


You can check out a flip through of the album HERE
I hope you've enjoyed this project. Please share your creations with us!

Sarah xx

.............................

BUY Aunty Vera's Monthly Kits HERE

October Monthly kit is available for $81.07  which is a saving of 20% on
 buying the items separately.

Postage is $9.90 to anywhere in Aus.
For internationals, please email for accurate prices.

C O N T A C T:


.............................

Find me on youtube here

Follow me on instagram here

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the way you made the cover and the charms are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmigosh. This is a great project. I’ve never gutted a book like that. Now I want to!! I’m off to watch the flip through.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...