Thursday, December 20, 2018

He's Making a List - Suzanne's Altered Christmas Embroidery Hoop

Hello Crafty Friends!
Suzanne has a beautiful Christmas decor project for us today. Check out her altered embroidery hoop - it's just magical!



Hello everyone, I hope you have all been enjoying some wonderful Christmas crafting time and that you have finished all your Christmas shopping. 

This project was such a lot of fun and so very simple to make. I used an eight inch embroidery hoop and some of the beautiful papers and ephemera pieces  from the Carta Bella range to decorate my hoop.  I also used the gorgeous Heidi Swapp trims for this project.

I traced around the outside of the hoop onto the paper I chose for the background and cut it out.


Using the same paper, I cut hillsides to layer onto the background.


I fussy cut the images I wanted to use for the altered hoop.


I added dimensional dots to the back of the hillsides.


I attached the hillsides to the background with dimensional dots between each layer


Here you can see all the dimension


I have placed the different fussy cut elements on different layers of the hillside.


I used the white pom pom trim to go around the hoop


Diamond Dust adds a touch of sparkle to the hillsides



I used the gorgeous blue ribbon to make a double bow for the top of the hoop.



Here is my finished embroidery hoop.


Thank you so much for having a look at my Christmas Embroidery Hoop.  I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and thank you for all your support throughout the year.  I really appreciate it. 

You can watch a short video of my project HERE.
You can purchase the Christmas Kits HERE.

Bye for now,
Suzanne xoxo

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...