Wednesday, December 19, 2018

He's Making A List - Tina's Tree Ornaments

Hello Crafty Friends!
It's not too late to pull out your crafty stash and create a few Christmas ornaments. Have a look at Tina's snowy wonders.... they'll totally inspire you!!



Hello everyone, Christmas is almost here and I wanted to share some Christmas tree ornaments I made using the Wonderful December kit, He's Making A List.


I started  with a clear Christmas ball (the one that can be separated). I used 7 cm balls, I cut a circle from the paper in the kit for my background, I also cut the back of the ornaments firstly in thick white card three times and twice in white glitter cardstock.


Glue two of the white card pieces together, making sure the scallops match well, then add one of the glitter pieces and then the background.


I made a snowy background using the white glitter cardstock. I also fussy cut some of the trees and the Santa's Manor. The little snowman and snowflakes are a gift from my lovely Secret Santa last year. The star pieces of these ornaments are the buttons from the kit which I glued down after removing the back piece so they would sit flat. (I also glued the two layered pieces from the reindeer and Mrs Clause just to make sure they did not separate),


Next I added some shimmery snow.


Add glue around the edge of the clear ball and hold down onto the background until it is stuck, I use Art Glitter Glue because it dries super quick. I added a pale blue string of beads around the edge.


I saw a really great idea on YouTube on how to balance the ornaments because the weight makes them hang off balance. To do this I glued four 10 cent coins on the lower half of the back of the ornament. Then I added some foam squares to even it out.


Now add glue to the third white scalloped card and add to the back holding it in place with bulldog clips until dry and then add the white glitter back, again I held in place with the clips until it was dry.


I finished the ornaments with ribbon from the kit and my own silver chain, some buttons, jingle bells and snowflake again from my secret Santa gift from last year.


I really love how they turned out.






I hope I have inspired you to make these Christmas Tree Ornaments.
Thank you and Happy Crafting.
Tina xxx
The December kit can be purchased HERE

1 comment:

  1. Just love these Tina, I want to run to the shop and buy all the items to make them xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...