Saturday, December 8, 2018

He's Making a List - Tina's 3D Christmas Cards

Hello Crafty Friends!
Christmas crafting is in full swing and if you still need to make some Christmas cards we have the perfect tutorial for you today! Tina's 3D cards are just beautiful! They'll be treasured as Christmas decorations well beyond this Christmas!



Hello everyone.
December is here, so it's full on Christmas projects. I love that we have two kits this month to choose from and I chose the fun 'He's Making A List kit', featuring the Carta Bella papers. For my first project, I have made a couple of 3D cards that will also sit well as  Christmas decorations on any mantle.


The cards are made the in the same way so I will show how I made the card below.




 Start off by cutting two pieces of white card-stock for the base.



Score both pieces at the following measurements below. Cut the larger piece as shown.

I apologize to anyone who has tried to make this card (Vera) as I had the cut line showing on the wrong piece. The image below is the correct instructions.


Rotate the smaller piece and fold the two pieces as shown below.


Next I cut out the pieces from the paper in the kit. This collection is such a cheerful design and I really love these papers.


The patterned paper is cut slightly smaller than each panel because I always like a small border showing underneath. Once I cut my pieces, I distressed all the patterned papers edges just using my cutter bee scissors and adhered them to the base pieces.






Adhere the smaller piece to the larger one. I found it easier to attach the front piece first and then the third panels will line up to attach easily.


Finally I made up a double bow ribbon layering it with a gold thread and some red jingle bells, topped off with a poinsettia.


Here are the finished cards, really simple to make.












I hope you enjoyed this quick card tutorial.
Thank you and Happy Crafting.
Tina xxx

The December kit can be purchased HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...