Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The Stars are Brightly Shining - Donna's Shaker Cards

Hello Crafty Friends!
When I put the 'Stars Are Brightly Shining' kit together, I was really hoping that one of our CT girls would create a shaker card using the Nuvo Confetti. WELL! Donna went one better and created shaker ornaments for her Christmas tree. Perfect perfect PERFECT!!!! I just adore them!



Hi all,
I have for you today four shaker stars to hang from your Christmas tree..
I love this kit I received from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft.
You could make these any shape you want..

Using the stencil with the Inka Gold, I stenciled a section of the paper to later cut out for a frame for the star ornament.. 


So this is how it works for a shaker card..
1. Die cut one large star from the gorgeous paper.
2. Die cut one large star from acetate.
3. Die cut one large star from cardstock for the back.
4. Die cut one frame from the large star and a smaller star.
5. Die cut the same as number 4. from fun foam.


Join the two stars together as show to cut a frame.. You can do this with any shape dies..


This is the fun foam which is cut the same as the frame of the card or in this case the star ornament for the tree.


Adhere the acetate to the large frame.


Adhere the fun foam on top of the acetate.


I used my finger to paint the wings of the angel with the glorious Inka Gold.


I attached a star from the ephemera pack and rubbed some Inka Gold on top and around it to shine..


The four bases of the stars.. I added ephemera pieces on all the bases of the stars.


Place the shaker pieces on the base of the star and using a strong adhesive, adhere the top onto the base. I attached ribbon between the gorgeous paper and the back cardstock piece.



I made the poinsettia flowers and added them to each star..



I love how this frame turned out with the stencil and Inka Gold.



Don't these look wonderful on the tree..


All four stars together..



I hope I have Inspired you to 
create glorious things..
Hugs
Donna xx

You can see my blog HERE
You can purchase the kit HERE 
Check out my Facebook page HERE

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Donna. Love them. Never seen them make from scratch before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...