Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Your Cloud's In My Sky - Donna's Calico Background

Hello Crafty Friends!
Autumn is finally starting to come out and play so what a wonderful project from Donna today..... handprinted calico fabric showcasing different methods to print beautiful autumn leaves. It makes me think of picnics in the lovely cooling weather!!





Hi all,
I am loving this theme and still have heaps of idea's I want to share with you all..
For this project I wanted to do something that didn't use paper (I know, it's hard to believe isn't it), and yet still showcased the gorgeous items from the Autumn March theme items called
 Your Cloud's in My Sky..
I totally LOVE this theme!!
Be Warned, this is a photo heavy post!!
I found this piece of calico while looking for something else and thought yep I can use that lol..


I die cut the leaves from a old piece of cardboard which I think was a meringue box. (oops I guess you can say I used some kind of paper lol)..


I now have the positive and negative leaves as well as the dies and the Mini Blueprints - Autumn stamp set ready to go..


I wanted to experiment which was the best way to transfer the images onto the calico..
Number one.. 
For this I chose the positive leaf image. I painted it with fabric paint and pressed it on to the calico.. It did leave the image but was not clear at all.. 



Number two..
I painted the stamps with the paint using a small paintbrush and pressed this onto the calico.. Be aware you need to do this quickly as it dries very fast..



Using a paint brush and water I cleaned the stamp straight away before the paint dried.. Don't put the stamp in water, just use the paint brush and a cloth to clean it, then pat dry with a cloth..
Note: You can use the stamp twice before doing this, more than that the paint clogs up in the stamp.


I like how this one turned out.. 


Number three..
I thought why not use the negative and stencil the paint..


I simply dabbed paint with the paintbrush washing the colours on the brush before adding another colour as it tended to get muddy
Yep! I like it..

Great colours together..


Totally love how this leaf turned out and I have no idea how I did it because the others didn't come out this good lol..


Number four.. 
I thought why not use the die as well, what harm could it do!! So off I go painting the die and it wasn't until I had it painted that I realised I only need to do the cutting edge, lol.. 


Just press down,  remembering to not touch the blade edge as it will remove the paint, (ask me how I know this).. I used the tweezers to pick it off the calico as I did not want my finger prints on it..


This worked great I thought, as it left a delicate print on the calico..


Easy to wash then dry with a cloth.. Just make sure you have all the paint out of the die, to do this I  used a wet paintbrush to get in the tiny corners..


And Why Not try a word die at the same time..


Looks Awesome doesn't it (sorry couldn't help myself hehe) 


It looks brilliant all together..(though, I think I will dab a little white paint on that dark purple/blue leaf).


With the left over paint, I painted the positive leaves from the cardboard.. And love them..


The finished Calico Background.. (Look how dry it is up here).. Oh I forgot to mention, you do need to heat set this.. A heat gun will be fine, just don't get it too close to the paint..


I pegged the background to my homemade photo booth (that my darlin friend Mava made for me as a birthday gift)..


And with the leftover paint and stencils I did a page in my journal, why waste it!!


Looks a bit busy but if I take away the leaves and stencils in the front and separated the tag and shaker card, it might look better but you get the drift.. 


What do you think?? 


All the Lushiness from my Autumn March Theme- 
Your Cloud's in My Sky...

The Core products were 
 - Echo Park -Celebrate Autumn Collection Kit HERE
-Tim Holtz- Mini Blueprints Cling Stamp Set HERE

The other products are:
Aunty Vera - Trees on the Avenue Washie Tape Here
Faber Castell- Gelatos - Steampunk Here
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Embossing Powder - Midnight Copper - Here

Prima Marketing Heaven Sent 2 Paper Flowers - Vivenne - Here

Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set - Fall Folliage  - Here

Carta Bella - Fall Break - Embossing Folder - Whisking Leaves - Here

and you get a discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..



You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout March..
  

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...