Friday, March 29, 2019

Your Cloud's In My Sky - Gina's pocket letter

Hello Crafty Friends!

It's a while since we featured a pocket letter on this blog so I was so excited to see that Gina was heading in that direction. And doesn't Autumn make a perfect theme for those little pockets of crafty goodness?



Wow this month has flown by so fast and I think so far we've had one day that felt like Autumn lol, but that's okay I got to enjoy the thought of Autumn all month in Aunty Vera Land :)

For my final project this month I decided to make a pocket letter. I started with the Bo Bunny "Chocolate Vintage" cardstock and cut 9 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" pieces.


I then cut 4 3.3" x 2.3" cards from the Echo Park "Colored Leaves" paper for the corners, 1 3.3" x 2.3" card from the Echo Park "Falling Leaves" paper to go in the middle and 4 3.3" x 2.3" cards from the Echo Park "Fall Owls" paper to go on the sides and placed them over the Bo Bunny cardstock.


Before sticking them on, I inked the edges of all the Echo Park cards with my Kaisercraft bark inkpad. Any dark brown colour would be good.


Now I will show you each card starting from the top right. Using one of my Martha Stewart edge punches, I made a pattern on a small strip of the back of the 4x4 cards Echo Park paper and stuck that to the left of the card. I then made a signpost with a cut out from the "Fall is Fun" Echo Park paper that said welcome fall and the back of the same paper to make the pole. I inked the edges with my Kaisercraft bark inkpad and stuck it towards the top of the card. I then stuck the owl from the Echo Park "Celebrate Autumn" stciker sheet on the bottom right corner.


For the next card I chose the "Give thanks with a grateful" heart from the sticker sheet and stuck it in the centre. At the top right and bottom left, I made 2 little banners with the back of the Autumn Floral and the 3x4 jounaling cards sheet and stuck them on.


I die cut a doily shape with my Kaisercraft die onto the "Falling Leaves" paper and stuck a little less than a quarter of it to the top right corner of the third card. I cut a small strip from the back of the "Autumn Floral" paper and stuck it towards the bottom after inking the edges with my bark inkpad. I then stuck the bird sticker to look like it was standing on the strip and some of the leave stickers above the bird. I cut out the word "Gratitude" from one of the quotes in the "Fall is Fun" paper and inked the edges in red and stuck it over the strip on the right. I also put a green rhinestone on the top right corner.


Now onto the middle pockets. The fourth and sixth pocket are done in a similar way to create a sort of mirror look. I cut out some tabs with my Kaisercraft "Large tabs" die on brown cardstock and stuck about a third of it in the lower left corner of the 4th card and the upper right corner of the 6th card. I then cut out the words "hello" and "pumpkin patch" from the "Fall is Fun" paper using my 1 inch circle punch and stuck them over the tabs. I stuck plants from the sticker sheet on the upper right corner of the 4th card and the lower left corner of the 6th card. I then added some bling on the left of card 4 and the right of card 6.


Onto the 5th or the middle pocket. I cut another strip from the 3x4 journaling card sheet and stuck it towards the top of the card after inking the edges with my red Creativ inkpad. I then cut out the word "Celebrate Autumn" which is on the bottom strip of all the Echo Park papers and inked the edges in red as well. I stuck that overlapping my red strip on the right bottom corner and put three gold rhinestones in the middle of the rest of the red strip. I cut out the squirrel from one of the 3x4 journaling cards, raised it using chipboard and stuck it below the strip.


For the 7th card I used another piece of the die cut doily and stuck it on the bottom left corner. I stuck a strip of paper from the back of the 4x4 cards towards the top right of the doily and stuck the little hedgehog sticker to stand on it and because I love bling I added a little green rhinestone sticker next to his feet.


I cut out 2 owls from the "Autumn Friends" sheet and stuck them on the bottom left corner of the 8th card. I used my "thankful and blessed" cutout from the "Fall is Fun" paper and inked the edges using my red inkpad. I then stuck this onto the red background of the 3x4 journaling cards paper and stuck that on the top right corner of the card.


Onthe right side of card 9, I stuck another strip of the 4x4 card paper which I edge punched with the Marths Stewart punch. I stuck the raccoon sticker at the bottom of the card and a flower which I had fussy cut from the "Autumn Floral" paper on the top left corner.


 On the left of the pocket letter, I stuck the light green Santoro leaf ribbon and then I thought that was too light so I layered the dark green Santoro leaf ribbon over it and I love how that looked. Here's the complete pocket letter :)


I also have a process video up if you want to see anything in detail.

Thank you for following along with me this month and I will see you again in May.

Stay awesome
Gina x

3 comments:

  1. I was an avid pocket letter maker. I loved getting and sending them. Feel there must be one or two in me. I loved following your process Gina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iove what you did Gina, such a talented lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Tina.. I do love ATC's..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...