Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Nervous at Night - Gina's Halloween pocket letter




Since I love Halloween and I love pocket letters, what better way than to end the month with a Halloween pocket letter!

I will go through it one pocket at a time. For the first pocket, I've cut one piece of Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Creepy Crawly" at 3.4" x 2.4" and another piece at 3.3" x  2.3" I've inked the edges of both pieces with black ink and stuck one on top of the other front to back. I've stuck the spider from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Adornments - Halloween in the middle of the spider web. I then stuck the "Treat yo self" die from the Echo Park Trick or Treat Ephemera under it.


The second pocket and the eight pocket are similar. I've used the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Beware" paper cut at 3.4'' x 2.4'' and 3.3'' x 2.3'', inked the edges with my black inkpad and stuck them one on top of the other, front to back. The card in the second pocket has the "October 31" from the Echo Park Trick or Treat Ephemera pack which I have raised using some chipboard and for the eight pocket, I have fussy cut the pumpkin from Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Treats Please" paper which is also raised using chipboard.


The third and the seventh pocket are also similar. For these pockets, I have used the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Ghostly'' paper cut at 3.4'' x 2.4'' and 3.3'' x 2.3'', inked the edges in black and then stuck them front to back. In the middle of each card, I have stuck one of the cut outs from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Eeek" paper. I've inked the edge of each piece with my black inkpad. I've then fussy cut the ghosts that go around them from the paper and stuck them on, raising them with chipboard.



For the fourth pocket, I have used the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Scaredy Cat" paper cut at the same measurements as above, inked the edges in black and stuck them front to back. I then fussy cut the houses, a pumpkin and a bat and cloud from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Happy Haunting" paper and layered them on top. I love the eyes peeping out over the chimney there.


For the fifth pocket, I've cut two pieces of Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Treats Please" paper (same measurements as above), inked the edges in black and stuck them one over the other. I cut 4 bits from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin Creepy Crawly paper to make a frame on the 4 corners.


The sixth pocket uses Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Scaredy Cat" same as pocket 4. On this card I've used the Regions Beyond Sizzix Tim Holtz dies. I've die cut the candle, the smoke and the crystal ball onto Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Candy Corn"paper. I've fussy cut the trick or treaters from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Happy Haunting" paper to go in the crystal ball and covered it with my Ranger Glossy Accents. The "Hello" is cut from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Pumpkin Spice".


For the 9th pocket I used the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Creepy Crawly" paper again. I've cut out the "Hey Pumpkin" from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Eeek" paper and die cut the bottles on various off cuts using the Tim Holtz Regions Beyond dies.


I then put all the pages in the pockets On the side of the pocket letter, I have stuck the Paper House Harry Potter Patronus washi tape. I have inserted the My Mind's Eye Trick or Treat brads where the 3 holes are. On the top I have stuck the little flags that came in the Echo Park Trick or Treat Ephemera pack. At the top I have stuck a thin strip of Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Happy Haunting" paper over the flags. I have also fussy cut the "Happy Halloween" from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Pumpkin Spice" paper and stuck it over the last row of pockets Here's a picture of the completed pocket letter.


Wishing you all a spooktakular Halloween!

See you again soon. Till then stay awesome!

Gina xx

1 comment:

  1. My favourite is the sixth pocket.. I adore this Gina.. I love pocket letters.. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...