Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Nervous at night - Gina's Trick or Treat Basket



It's October and time for us to get our spook on yay. I love Halloween and wish we celebrated it more here but not to worry, we've got a whole month dedicated to it in Aunty Vera Land. She is after all the Evil Enaber (insert evil laugh here).

I love trick or treating and my kids get dragged along just so I can dress up so I'm starting with Halloween trick or treat baskets. I got the idea for this from Wenche Wold on pinterest.



To start with, I took a 12x12 brown cardstock from my stash. I scored it at 4 inches and 8 inches, turned it  90 degrees and scored again at 4" and 8" and burnish the scored lines.


We are going to fold this into a box so cut it the way I have shown in the picture and cut at a slight V shape so it folds neatly.


Put double sided tape on the four flaps as shown


Fold it in and stick to make a box.


Cut five pieces of Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin at 3.7" x 3.7" and stick them on the inside. I did this after gluing the box together but it might be easier to do before.


Next I cut 12 pieces of pink cardstock from my stash at 4 1/4" x 1.3" and punched the sides with my Martha Stewart edge punch. You need 3 for each side of the basket.


I then cut 12 pieces of the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin paper at 4 1/4'' x 0.5".


Stick the Hey Pumpkin strips in the centre of the pink cardstock and curve the paper before the glue dries.


Stick three on each side of the basket by gluing the top and bottom of each strip. A strong glue like Art glitter glue works great for that.


To make the handle, I cut another piece of pink cardstock at 12" x 1.5" and punched the sides again with my edge punch. I also cut two strips of Hey Pumpkin at 12" x 1" which I stuck on the top and bottom of the cardstock,


I then stuck it inside the basket on two corners to make the handle,


I stuck a flower from the Prima Marketing Amber Moon Paper Flowers on each side of the handle. I also added 4 strips of the punched edge pink cardstock to the bottom of the basket, one on each side.


To finish the basket, I stuck an owl from the Tim Holtz Ideaology Halloween adornments above each flower and an owl button in the centre on the corner of the basket.


I then decided that I wanted to decorate the top as well so I added more pink edged strips with the Hey Pumpkin Centre which I cut in half. I suggest doing this before adding the flower.


And now you have a basket ready for your little ones to go trick or treating with. Thank you for following along with me and see you again next week.

Till then stay awesome!

Gina xx 

2 comments:

  1. I love these baskets and will do some for Christmas me thinks. Brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Stunning ..love it . Great Tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...