Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Nervous at Night - Gina's Matchbox Treatbox




Time to get ready for all the little ones trick or treating and I thought I'd make them some special treats this year, homemade flavoured sugars.

To make the packaging for my treats, I started with another matchbox which I opened up. I covered the outside with some paper from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin 6x8 paper pad.



I die cut the front of the box with the smallest Tim Holtz Sizzix Stacked Baroque die and then stuck the box back together.

I painted the edges of the insert black and then covered the inside and the outside with two different papers from the 6x8 paper pad.


Next I took 3 bottles from my stash and covered the fronts with the cut aparts from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin "Pumpkin Spice" paper to make them look like labels. I will be filling these bottles with my flavoured sugars.


I then placed the bottles in my matchbox insert.


On the front of the insert I've stuck a brad from the My Minds Eye Trick or Treat Decorative Brads and before inserting the brad into the box, I attached a dangle that I made using chains and beads from my stash and charms from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Adornments - Halloween and the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Story Sticks - Halloween.


For the top of the box I cut out the witch from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin Happy Haunting paper and the "Happy Halloween" from the Crate Paper Hey Pumpkin Treats Please paper.


And here's another picture with the dangle.


Thank you for following along with me and see you again soon. Till then stay awesome!

Gina xx

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...