Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Like a Cat - Gina's 4x3 notebooks





Hey everyone today I have another project using the lovely Echo Park I Love My Cat 3x4 journaling card sheet. These are what's left of my sheet and I will be using them to make 4 notebooks. I got the idea for this from The Posh Paper Lady on youtube.


The 2 cards at the bottom will be scored in the centre vertically as shown in the picture.


The other notebooks open upwards so I have scored one in the centre and stuck the other two cards together with the Dyan Reavely Dylusions dyary tape.


Here they are all together. I have also rounded the corners on the edges.


Next I took some yellow copy paper from my stash and cut them about a quarter inch shorter than each notebook when opened up. I also rounded the corners on the copy paper. I am using 5 pieces for each book.


I stapled the papers into each book and decorated the covers. 2 of them have a strip of Dyan Reaveley dyary tape. One has a doily, I die cut from one of my off-cuts and the other has one of the cards from the Echo Park I Love my Cat 6x6 paper pad. I have inked the edges and cut some strips using my border punch and stuck them below it.


I have decorated the pages on two of the books and left the other two blank. The first one I have decorated like a journal using the Echo Park I Love My Cat Kitty Love stamp set and the Echo Park I Love My Cat Frames and Tags Die Cuts. Here's a look at some of the pages.


On the other notebbok I used the Dyan Revealey dyary tape on the borders of each page.


I wanted to make a case for the books so I took a bandaid box that was the perfect size to fit them in and covered it with the Echo Park I Love My Cat Kittens paper.


I stuck one of the Eau de Nil Docrafts Papermania ribbons on the inside and one of the frames on the front of the box raised on chipboard. Here is the final picture with the books inside.


See you again next week with my final project for this month and till then stay safe and let us enjoy our creativity with confidence!

Gina xx

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute Gina. I like watching the Posh Paper lady too, I've learnt so many paper crafts from her xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, I have a few of the cut aparts that would be great for this.. I must get on Posh Paper lady. I really like these Gina.. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Gina. Now someone else to watch.😊

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...