Thursday, March 12, 2020

Like a Cat - Sue's Scrapbook Layout






Hi Everyone,

For me this project was very challenging.  I have not done a scrapbooking layout for well over 10 years and the last ones I did were digital.  But ‘people’ say get out of your comfort zone, do something different, so I did …

I chose the following papers from the Echo Park  I love my cat” collection.
Tags
2 x Purrfect Day (Both sides)
Blue / Orange solid
3 x 4 Journaling cards
I also added some lace and small paper flowers from my stash.
I decided to make my layout A4 size as this is more practical for me. 




I chose my main photograph and mounted it using the tags checkered side and the orange solid paper.


I trimmed the purrfect day paper to A4 size. I cut a strip of cats from the one side of the Purrfect Day paper and placed it across the paw prints side of the Purrfect Day paper, approximately 5 cm from the bottom. 


I then attached the mounted photo.


I stamped out my cat’s name “Smokey” using some letter stamps in my stash onto plain white card stock, cut it out and edged it with a black sharpie.  


I cut out the journaling card, trimmed it a little and edged it with the black sharpie.



I them cut a piece of 5.5 cm wide lace to fit across my page.  I glued it down carefully trying not to get glue everywhere. It was 3.5 cm from the top of the page.
I then glued the journaling card and name card along the lace.
I finished it off with the small paper flower.




I then made a second page using the remaining pieces of paper. I had to add a little of the orange across the bottom to make the paper long enough.  I mounted to smaller photos of Smokey sitting in my craft tubs, glued them down, added another piece of lace to match the first page, glued another journaling card and finished the page off with more small paper flowers. 


I am very pleased with my pages, they may not be in the ‘traditional’ 13 x 13 size and style but I believe that it’s important to adapt things to suit your style. 


Thank you for your time and I hope that you got some inspiration from my pages. 

Sue


2 comments:

  1. Sue, well done getting out of your comfort zone. Your kayout looks wonderful xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Sue, two great layouts indeed x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...