Sunday, March 29, 2020

Like a Cat - Sue's Cat Art Journal Page




Hi Everyone,

I hope that everyone has had lots of opportunity to craft some canine or feline craft this month and ready to experiment with an Art Journal page using paint, stencils and scrapbook paper.
I wanted a project that combined my love of art journaling with the adorable scrapbooking papers that we received this month for the Aunty Vera creative team.
And remember it’s not too late to order some goodies to play with, especially the ones on sale.

I started with the following materials,
Dina Wakely Paints  (Sedona,  Tangerine, White, Lapis, Lemon and Sky)
Echo Park “I love my cat” papers:  
  - Red /Grey solids
  - Yellow / Lt. Blue
  - Tags (reverse side)
  - 4 x 6 Journaling cards
  - Meow
some small paper flowers from my stash
My brayer and Gelliplate (Not necessary)
Journal or paper




My first task was to cover my pages.  I put a very small amount of paint (two or three drops) on my gelli plate and rolled it with the brayer.  When the brayer is mostly covered, lightly roll it randomly over the paper trying not to get too much of the one colour in the same spot.   Repeat this with all the colours so your page is covered.  Start with the lightest colour and work towards the darkest, leaving white till last.  The circular pattern was from the impression on the page behind, so normally you would not have it there.  I forgot that it was there.  



Then use your stencils and the same paint to add some interest.



While it dries cut out a journaling card you like for the sentiment.




Choose some papers to cut into various size rectangles for layering.  Choose an image from the journaling cards or you could use a photograph of your pet.  I also cut out the “I love my cat" label from the paper strip.



Glue your paper pieces into place, (use a strong glue stick or craft glue) grouping them together to form focal images.  Embellish with some small flowers from your stash.



Draw some faux stitches around the edges of all your bit of paper and the sentiment and distress the edges.



An easy art journal page. 



I hope you enjoyed this project.  I loved the way it turned out.  I love the texture you can achieve from using a brayer and stencils. 
Thank you for joining me today.

You can watch the video HERE.

Happy Crafting.
Sue.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful Sue, Loving your backgrounds. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Sue, the background turned out amazing, I need to bring out my Gelli Plate when I have time. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...