Thursday, March 5, 2020

Like a Cat - Sue's Pet Information Folder





Hello Everyone,

I hope this blog finds you all happy, healthy and ready to craft.  This is a practical project that could be adapted for a variety of uses. Today’s project is a Pet Information Folder or Folio.  A place to store those important documents for your pet.  I did mine for my cat Smokey.

I used the colourful “I Love my Cat” papers from The Echo Park paper Co.
You will need;
Tags
Blue /Orange
Meow
Kittens
Red/ Grey
the 4 x 6 Journaling cards
and the 3 x 4 journaling cards.

I also added an A4 manilla folder and some calico.


Firstly I refolded the manilla folder so the sides were even. 


Then I covered the front with the Kittens paper.  Make sure you overlap the folded bits and this now forms a spine.  I used double sided tape to adhere it to the manilla folder.  Next I used the Meow paper to cover the front, again overlapping the spine are as shown in the picture.  Trim any bits that over hang the manilla folder.



Next cover both the inside sides with the solid colours. I used Red and Orange, again make sure you
overlap the spine.


Next I used the TAGS paper to make two diagonal pockets for the inside covers.   I used glue to stick these down.

To make some extra pages inside for photos, information or to stick in receipts etc I used A3 photocopy paper folded in half. You could also use other papers and glue them together to make the correct size. 


I then poked five holes in the folded area and five matching holes in the centre of the spine.  I then used crochet thread to sew them into the spine.  I started at the top on the inside and proceeded down the holes weaving in and out. Once at the bottom I then wove my way to the top taking care not to split the thread. Once at the top I tied both ends together.








I also added some journaling cards inside to use as tuck spots.



I hope you find this project a useful, cute way of keeping your pets important documents safe.

You can watch my process video HERE.

Happy Crafting. 
Sue 

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...