Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Like a Cat - Gina's mini album from a 3x4 journaling card scrapbook paper




Hey everyone, hoping everyone is enjoying the cooler weather. We had a few days of rain in Perth which was a welcome relief. I hope the temperatures don't go back up again.

When I saw the papers in this collection, the first thing that I thought was I wanted to make a mini album using the lovely Echo Park I Love My Cat 3x4 journaling card scrapbook paper. I cut the paper horizontally so that I have 4 cards in a row and then scored each strip across at the 3", 6" and 9" mark. I then folded each one to create a W shape.


I am going to be sticking them all together and creating pockets between each of them. The middle of the W will be a top opening pocket so put glue on the back and the bottom as shown in the picture. We will leave the first and the last flap for the covers.


When sticking one piece to the other, we are creating a side pocket so we will put glue on the back, top and bottom as shown in the picture. This might be easier to follow if you watch the video


Do this until all the 3 strips are glued together. Next I have taken 2 pieces of chipboard cut at 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" which I will use for the front and back cover of the album.


I have covered them with 2 patterned papers from the Echo Park 6x6 paper pad.


I chose one of the ribbons from the Docrafts Papermania Ribbon pack - Eau de Nil and stuck it around the middle of the album to make a closure. I then stuck the front and back covers on making sure to line them up


I will quickly show you how I decorated the pages. On the inside cover I have stuck an off-cut which I have used my border punch on the top and I have gone over the "hey you" with my blue glitter gel pen. The "pawsitively adorable" tag is from the Echo Park I Love My Cat Frames and Tags pack. I cut out some of the cards from the 6x6 pad and stuck it on the Echo Park I Love My Cat coordinating cardstock which I have used as journaling cards.


I have made some photo corners from some offcuts for page 3 and on page 4 I have put a strip of the Dyan Reavely Dylusions washi tape


Page 5 has a tuck I made using a doily die on one of the patterned papers and a journaling card made from the 6x6 paper pad and page 6 has photo corners made from the offcuts.


I have gone over the paw on page 6 with my black glitter pen. I used one of the stamps from the Echo Park I Love My Cat stamp set to stamp the "me and my cat" onto some designer paper using Iris Staz On ink pad and raised it on some chipboard. Page 7 has a tuck created using the off cuts and  one of the journaling cards I created tucked in it.


Page 8 has more tucks created using my doily die and some of the ephemera from the Echo Park I Love My Cat Frames and Tags pack. Page 9 has more handmade photo corners.


On page 9, I have another tuck spot and journaling card. Page 10 has a tuck created using a banner from the Echo Park I Love My Cats Frames and Tags pack and I have stuck a cat in the corner fussy cut from the Echo Park I Love My Cat Purrfect Day paper. I have cut the head and part of the body again and raised it on chipboard to create a 3D effect. I have also gone over the heart with my red glitter gel pen.

I have then taken some frames and tags from the Echo Park I Love My Cat Frames and Tags kit which I will use to tuck into the pockets I made and used some of the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Bakers Twine for 2 of them.


On the cover page I have stuck one of the frames from the Frames and Tags pack. I have gone over the paws and cat with my glitter gel pens and stuck some of the charms from the Docrafts Papermania Pocket Full of Posies charm set on the corners. The video has a flipthrough of the completed album


See you again soon with my next project. Till then lets enjoy our creativity with confidence!

Gina xx

3 comments:

  1. A very manageable project for a few hours crafting!! On my to do list 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep love this Gina. You always inspire me with your work.. I can see this style being used on the DOGS hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...