Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Dog Days Are Over - Wendy's Dylusion Puppy Dog Tales Stamp Fun





Dylusions Puppy Dog Tales
Stamps

I you had of seen my last process video of my art journal page, you would of noticed I changed my mind about using the Dylusions Puppy Dog Tales Stamps that I had already stamped, coloured and cut....Oh dear! I really changed my mind on that one.

Anyway, I really didn't want to just throw them away, even though it did briefly, very briefly, cross my mind...heehee!

With the coloured and pre-cut stamps sitting in front of me at my table, I was trying to come up with some ideas of what or how to use them.
I picked up my personal journal and started looking through it and realised that the images would make cute looking pieces of ephemera in this journal.


1. This first doggy image has been made into a topper for a note pad. So easy to make. Stamp the image, colour it with what you like, I used my old pencils, staple a few pieces of paper together and then glue the image on to the top of the paper pad. Then write the word 'notes' at the top. It really looks so cute. BUT.....once I had that done and was very happy with it and also thinking about my next project...making a fridge magnet...I ended up cutting a small rectangle piece from my magnet sheet and glude it to the back. I had made myself a Magnetic Note Pad for my fridge...so cute!!


2. The second image from the Dylusion Puppy Dog Stamp set was made straight into a fridge magnet. I glued the already coloured and cut dog on to a piece of my magnet sheet and cut it out. I like to seal my magnet, so I grabbed my Dimensional Magic from my supplies and put a thin coat over the entire top of the image and let it dry. He looks so adorable!...and even cuter stuck on my fridge.



3. My third doggy was made into a belly band wrap for my personal journal...yah! finally something for my journal, heehee! 
This was such an easy process. I had part of a sheet of the Echo Park Coordinating paper from the I Love My Dog collection and I cut a strip of it at 3/4 of an inch and left the length at 12 inches.
I found a page small enough to wrap the piece around vertically and then glued my already cut and coloured doggy on it...so dang cute!


4. Now with the next little fella...I decided to make another 'note' pad and not add a magnet to the back of it. I had three pieces of the white paper left. I stapled the top of the papers and then glued my already decorated image on the top. I wrote the word 'notes' in between his gait and that was done...looks so regal sitting up there!



5. My last image wasn't coloured, it had only been stamped. So I used my sharpie markers and coloured the cute little fella...I then cut him out, adorable he is!
I grabbed a white, already folded, card base and also my Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide and a small circle stencil. I used my dabber to add the oxide to the card through the stencil. I only filled about three quarters of the card with circles and then for the bottom right hand side of the card, I used my dabber to rub some oxide colour on. I glued my doggy image to this corner. I drew the word 'Hello" on the card, made a border line on two of the sides with a bit of squiggly lines.



I thoroughly enjoyed making all these cute little items using the Dylusion Doggy Tales Stamps.
They all turned out wonderful!

The doggy projects sitting on to of their original stamp image.

Finished projects

GO THE DOGGIES!!!!

You may like to watch the whole fun process in the video below:



Be sure to check out Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft discounted items for March and also pop over to the Crafty Vera and Friends facebook group to see all the whacky competition between 
CATS VERSUS DOGS this month.
You all have a great doggy day!
Wendy xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...