Saturday, June 6, 2020

The Place Where I Belong - Gina's Coffee Mug holder




Hey everyone, I am loving the Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Collection so much this month with the pinks and greens, my favourite colours and am so excited to share my projects using them.

For my first project, I decided to make a coffee mug shaped holder you can use either for treats or to store your pens. I started with the Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Vintage Floral paper which I cut at 6 1/4" x 12". I then scored it lengthwise at 1 3/4".


I then scored it horizontally at 1 1/2, 3, 4 1/2, 6, 7 1/2, 9 and 10 1/2 inches (note: this makes a 7 sided cup so if you prefer even numbers cut the paper down to 10 1/2 inches)


Next fold and burnish the scored lines.


Now cut the scored lines below the 1 3/4" mark as shown and cut off the last square completely as this piece works as a flap which will be stuck into the first fold to make the mug.


I then cut 7 strips of the Vintage Floral paper at 1 1/4" x 4 1/4" which I stuck on all the sides of the mug.

Fold and burnish all the bottom flaps and then put double sided tape on the side flap and stick it together to form the mug.


Stick the bottom flaps one on top of the other to make the base of the mug.


I then used my edge punch to punch out a border on the Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Tags paper which I stuck on the top and bottom edge of the mug.


I used the Tim Holtz Small Tattered Florals die to die cut some flowers onto some pages of the Carta Bella Farmhouse Market 6x6 paper pad and stuck them on the front.


Then I cut 2 more strips of the Vintage Floral at 4 1/2" x 1" and 4 1/2 " x 1/2" for the handle. I stuck the smaller strip on top of the larger one and scored one side at 1/4"


I folded and burnished the score line and then stuck that flap at the top of one side of the mug and the other end towards the bottom to make the handle of the mug.



I then used some of the Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Chipboard Accents and Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Chipboard Phrases to finish it off.



See you again soon with my next project and looking forward to seeing all your creations :)

Gina xx

4 comments:

  1. WOW just WOW I am so going to make this for my friends for Christmas love it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Gonna have to make one for my house now. Awesome project

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...