Wednesday, June 3, 2020

The Place Where I Belong - Wendy's Home Decor Three Tier Hearts



HOME DECOR

THREE TIER HEARTS

 Hello Everyone,

This month has a wonderful theme to it...THE PLACE WHERE I BELONG...and the only place I know I belong is at HOME...so this month I have planned a few HOME DECOR projects to brighten up your surroundings and make it feel more homely. My first project this month is a very pretty and simple three tier heart that would look wonderful on any wall in your house.

 

 What I used:
* Recycled card board pizza box from Aunty Vera's packaging
*Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Collection paper -'Lovely Floral' Pattern Paper
*Heart shaped Die Set of 3 (my own supplies)
*Picked Raspberry Distress Ink for edging
*crop-o-dile for hole making
*Modelling paste
*Birch Stencil
*Big Shot (if not cut shapes by hand)
*We R Memory Keepers Happy Jig Wire Multi pack

For Decorating the hearts:
*Grunge Alpha Dies Set - Kaisercraft
*Tim Holtz Thinlits Wreath Die Set 664434
*some ribbon
* anything you have on hand to make them look pretty
* glue or glue gun

Let's Start:
I used the heart die set from (my own supplies) and grabbed the pizza box packaging from Aunty Vera and I traced the heart shapes of the die set on to the packaging and cut them out by hand. 


  I then used the same heart die set on the Carta Bella Lovely Floral paper and cut the shapes on my Big Shot. Then using a wet glue, I adhered the patterned paper to the white side of my hand cut packaging hearts.

 Using Big Shot to press out the hearts on the
 Lovely Floral patterned paper from Carta Bella


I wanted to add a little texture on the front of the hearts so I used
 my modelling paste and the Birch Stencil (available from Aunty Vera also).
This gave a really cool texture on the face of the hearts, I loved it!



Just look at the texture!...scrumptious!

Then, I used the Picked Raspberry Distress Ink to ink the edges on each heart and 
also used my crop-o-dile to punch holes in my hearts, so I could hang them one below the other.

Working out what I'm going to use to decorate

I used some pink ribbon on each heart and then decorated each heart with a word that I had cut from the Grunge Alpha Die Set from Kaisercraft. 

The top heart, I decorated with ribbon, a paper Die cut flower, a bird, 
some eyelash ribbon and a piece of the Tim Holtz Wreath Die and the word FAITH.


 The second heart was decorated with ribbon, the word PEACE cut 
from the Grunge Alpha Die Set, some tulle and a die cut paper butterfly.



The last heart is decorated with ribbon, a paper flower and the word HOPE from
 the Grunge Alpha Die Set.



To join all hearts together, I used the Happy Jig wire. I cut two pieces at 6cm and one at about 20cms. The long piece I placed through the top holes and then did a small loop on either hole to keep the wire from slipping out. Then using the smaller pieces to join the two remaining hearts.
I also tied a bow on the top piece of wire and also at the joining parts of the other hearts.


I also used some silver Stickles and highlighted a few parts of my decorated pieces.


This was a simple and fun 'Home Decor' project and it looks
 wonderful hanging on my hall wall.


You can watch the full process in the video below:




Hope you all enjoy this project and don't forget that these 
items are available at Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft...
some on discount for the month...great savings!

Have a Great Day!
Wendy xox

3 comments:

  1. Wendy I am going to be honest I love your work, you inspire so many people including myself and this project is no exception.. Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - what Donna said!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Wendy, I don't know how you come up with so many different ideas. As Donna says you are inspiring. XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...