Saturday, June 27, 2020

The Place Where I Belong - Wendy's Wire and Paper Art Home Decor




HOME DECOR

WIRE and PAPER ART


Hello and Welcome to you all,

This month has been such a wonderful month of me trying my hand at some 'Home Decor' arty projects. I have had a ball at making them. This project was definitely a first for me and I had a lot of inspiration from Pinterest. My first project (seen below) was a trial and error. I had used hot glue but after having a little chat with hubby, we both came to the conclusion, that I needed to find a thin, fast drying and clear glue, so I plodded off to our nearest Bunnings and I purchased just that. And this made all the difference when gluing the wire to the paper...it made me so happy!



Wire and Paper Art Projects
What I used:

*Happy Jig Colour Mutli Wire Pack
*Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Cubbies paper
*Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Timeless Florals paper
*Loctite Super Glue Control (avail. Bunnings Aust)
*A sharp cutting blade
*Block pieces of wood for standing
*Grunge alpha die set Kaisercraft
*Black cardboard for letters
*Sandpaper
*Paint for block - Dina Wakley Acrylic Paints in Sedona, Sky and Marine
*Drill to drill holes into your wooden block
*Wire cutters

This really is an easy process, so please don't get disheartened. I even kept my first lady with the heart (pic. above) and she is the roughest looking first project in this style...but...I still love her!

Let's Get Started:
I used the FarmHouse Market Cubbies paper and drew around my heart chipboard template with a pencil. You can make your own shape, I chose a heart.



Below shows the start of my smaller hearts using the FarmHouse Market Timeless Florals paper and the small heart template I used to draw around.


I grabbed my wire (still in it's roll) and unrolled a length. I placed the wire on my drawn heart and gently shaped the wire into the heart shape. This wire is great for doing this as it is quite flexible and easy to manouver. I left some wire as a tail so later I can place this in the stand.



It is easier to shape your wire first before gluing it down. I then used the super glue and placed the glue along the pencil drawn line. I did the heart in two sections. Glued the right side, then placed the wire on it and waited for it to dry completely. Then I repeated that process for the left side of my heart and waited for it to dry once again.



When the super glue was dry enough to touch, I used a very sharp blade and cut the paper along the outside edge of the wire. Trimmed up the edge if needed and then with the hanging two pieces of wire at the bottom of my heart, I twisted one around the other to finish off my shape.
I think they all turned out wonderful and look great just as they are shown below.


But, I wanted something to stand the upright on...
 I cut my blocks from the 30mmx30mm length of wood (left over from a previous project and needed to be used). I cut different size lengths for each of my projects. The three hearts block length was 7inches and the one heart and girl block length was 2 1/2  to 3 inches. But the size really is up to you, dependent on the number of pieces in your project. 



I wanted to take the front sharp edge of the wood off, so I used my blade and whittled along it's edge. Gave it a rustic look which I like.



I painted each block with Dina Wakleys' Acrylic paint, one in sedona, one in sky and one in marine. When the paint was dry, I gave each block a light sanding to give it a rustic country feel.




Below shows each block after being painted and sanded.



My block stands were now ready to drill a hole in and this is where you place the wire in for your piece of art to stand upright.



To decorate my block stands, I used the Kaisercraft Grunge  alpha Die set and cut the letters for my words.



Below shows the word 'welcome' using the grunge die set.



I also used a layered embellishment from the Little Birdie Handmade Embellishments pack (from my supplies). You can decorate your shapes to however you want, this is what I decided to use.



Below are my finished pieces of art decor using the Happy Jig wire and the Farmhouse Market paper.
This is a good quality paper as it doesn't 'buckle' when the wet glue is placed on it.

large single heart decorated


set of three hearts

And of course, my girl holding the heart that put me in the right direction to know what to use and how to use it to make a better art decor project with wire and paper.



This was a super easy and fun project and I know I'm going to be making more of these in the near future. They look fabulous sitting around 'The Place Where I Belong' that I call HOME.

You can see just how easy and fast this process is in the video below:


I hope you have enjoyed this wire and paper art home decor project and make some for your own home.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
Wendy xox

( Please Note: it is good to have some acetate solution like nail polish remover with acetate on hand in case the glue gets on your fingers.)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE. My favourite is the girl lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved all your projects this month Wendy and my favourite of these is the Welcome 3 hearts :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...