Sunday, June 14, 2020

The Place Where I Belong - Sue's Vintage Inspired Cards and Postcards.




Hi once again to another June Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft Creative Team project using the gorgeous Carta Bella, Farmhouse Market paper collection. These papers are so lovely you are going to want to buy doubles so you can use both sides.

This project I wanted to combine my latest love of collage with the gorgeous papers.  So I created some vintage inspired collage cards and postcards.
Materials I used;
Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Element Sticker Sheet
Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Paper – Cubbies
Carta Bella Farmhouse Market Paper – 3x4 Journaling cards
Two different size card bases

The first step for me was to work out the sizes I needed to cover my card bases and what size I needed for the postcards.  The size you need for your card front will vary depending on what size they are.  I used the Cubbies paper (book page side) for the base of my cards and cut them each 1 cm smaller on both the width and length sides. This allowed for a small border on each side.


Once I glued my bases onto the cards I cut out some of the elements from the sticker page and placed them onto the bases.  Once I was satisfied with the placement I ruled a red thin border line around the edges of the Cubbies paper, removed the sticker backing and stuck them down.



 
Finally I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distressink. 



 
For the postcards I cut the Cubbies paper into two postcards measuring 10 cm x 15 cm.



 
For one of the postcards I used one of the journaling cards as the main focal point and they added some stickers from the Farmhouse Market Element Sticker Sheet to complete the postcard.



 
I also distressed the edges of everything before I stuck them down.
The second postcard I used stickers from the Farmhouse Market Element Sticker Sheet. I did also distress the edges of the stickers to make them stand our more and add a thin red border with a gel pen around the edge of the postcard. 
 
Here are the finished postcards.


 
I hope you enjoy making some of your own Vintage inspired cards and postcards and remember the products are on sale at Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft and keep an eye out for more projects from the other Creative Team Members.
Here are the links to my two process videos.  
 
Vintage inspired cards and postcards (Part 1)    https://youtu.be/iVe9MnC5foc

Vintage inspired cards and postcards (Part 2)       https://youtu.be/gDqZgADt1uw 



Enjoy!
Sue.


4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...