Friday, April 5, 2019

The Life Within The Seed - Silvia's Bunny Ears Layout

Hello Crafty Friends!
I feel so bad that I am super slack with my scrapbooking. Don't ask me how many years behind I am! 😲 But Silvia's layouts are always such an inspiration.... I think I may have to pull out my boys' old Easter photos and get scrapping!!





HELLO EVERYONE,  I am so excited to be back creating some layouts for Aunty Vera.  It's hard to believe that we are in April.. WOW.  Can you believe it's nearly Easter?  Of course, the theme this month is Easter and gardening.  So my very first layout is going to be Easter themed because the naughty Vera made me fall in love with the Easter papers that are all so gorgeous. I could not decide which ones to use and to make things harder I only had one of each paper which makes things doubly hard as you feel guilty cutting them all up..

Enough chit chat and onto the layout.

I started like I usually do by picking my photos and they are of my son wearing some bunny ears he made at daycare.

Next, I spend about half an hour deciding on the paper.  In the end, I picked, these two papers as I thought they went well with the colours in the photo.


The first paper will be my main background paper.  The beautiful bunny on the bottom left-hand corner is going to be cut out and used later on as an embellishment.  I will cut two strips off at a diagonal from the second paper.  
I then went on a wild goose chase looking for a green washy tape.  I had all sorts of washi tape and not one beautiful green colour that would coordinate with this lovely paper.  I sat at my table staring at the layout when I knew I just had to cut into more paper, so my next victim was this beautiful paper.


With a guilty heart, I cut two strips approximately 2cm wide.

I love to ink all my papers so I pulled out from my stash my archival ink in the colour Leaf green and inked all my strips of paper.


I could not think of the title for this layout so I cheated and used the Neat & Tangled stamp set from my chosen products and to keep things coordinating I used the leaf Green ink (as above).  I very loosely fussy cut around the titled and then, of course, I inked around the edges


I then spent the time to carefully fussy cut the lovely bunny that was on the bottom left-hand side of the second paper I choose.


One of my chosen products was this lovely sticker sheet so for this layout, I picked the lovely easter eggs and the square tag to add my journaling to. 


I matted my photos on some white cardstock to help them pop and then it was just a matter of putting this layout together by adhering all elements to the paper.  Hope you like the final result.


You can watch my process video HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...