Tuesday, April 23, 2019

The Life Within the Seed - Wendy's Flower Girl Paper Doll Journal Page

Hello Crafty Friends!
Wendy's paper dolls!! Oh my goodness I love them so much. And her Life Within the Seed doll is just adorable. Show your love in the comments below! And why not join us in our facebook group and share YOUR take on a pretty paper doll :)






Hello Everyone,
 A few years back I drew and made a flower girl paper doll. She was one of my first paper dolls and after going through my paper doll journal, I realised I hadn't added one of her to it. So this project is about adding my flower girl to my paper doll journal and using up some of the scrap BoBunny patterned papers I had left over from other projects.

What I used in this project:
*My Doll Art Journal
*A selection of BoBunny 'Cottontail' patterned papers
*Black Marker
*Pva glue OR glue stick
*A selection of Kaisercraft paints
*some buttons / decorations of your choice
*Flower stamps from my supplies
*Vintage Ink pad

I used a pattern of my flowergirl I drew a few years back. As seen below and I cut a couple of each piece from the left over BoBunny patterned papers. The papers are wonderful to mix and match together.




Once I had my individual pieces cut out I chose the  paper pieces I wanted to use to make my flower girl paper doll.



I gave the edges a dusting with a vintage ink and then use a permanent marker to line the edges. Then it was time to glue the pieces together bringing my flower girl paper doll to life. I drew her face on and added a few small buttons I had from my own supplies which were in the same pastel shades as the BoBunny papers.


 Once my flower girl was put together, I added some paints to my journal page and when happy with the background colours I glued my doll to the page. I used some white gesso to paint in some seeds, a shoot and a little bigger plant to the left side of where I glued my flower girl down.


I also used a small flower stamp to put a border around the journal page and then hand wrote this months title along the cut side of my page..."The Life Within The Seed". This layout shows how after planting a few seeds in the ground and letting them grow: it can turn into a beautiful Flower Girl Doll...heehee!

Below is the final page in my paper doll journal and I love the way it turned out. I really enjoy making paper dolls and I think this little one looks fabulous from using the BoBunny patterned paper range.


You can watch the full making of her in the video below:


I hope you try making one for yourself and sharing it in Aunty Veras' facebook Group.
Have a great day!
Wendy xox

3 comments:

  1. I love Flower Girl. She has a lot of spunk 🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your paper doll. A lovely use of those papers. Having a journal dedicated to paper dolls is awesome. I like making them as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...