Friday, April 12, 2019

The Life Within the Seed - Silvia's Scrapbook Layout

Hello Crafty Friends!
How wonderful that Silvia has used this month's theme as the title for her layout! It has so many meanings but is just perfect for a garden layout, don't you think?





Hello Everyone, I am being sneaky this time and using Vera's theme as the title for my layout.  I have decided to make an album all about my gardening experience and how it began and how it has grown and developed over the years. The photo I am scrapping is the first project I took on when I decided I wanted a garden.  I started small as I had a huge learning curve in front of me. (my thumb is not very green).

I had picked my photo (this is usually how I start) and my next step was to look through the papers and make a decision  For my base paper I chose.


I matted my photo on some scrap lilac paper I had in my stash.

Once my photo was matted I went around inking all the ended with my new product from Aunty Vera the "Inka Gold"  I had chosen the colour "Green-yellow" and it went perfectly with these core products.


Oh no, this is where I have to confess.  I built this layout all around this scrap piece of paper from my last layout.  I just loved the paper so much I just had to use it somehow and it will become the second matt on my photo.  I will also ink all around the edges with my new "Green-yellow Inka Gold"



My next choice of paper is this gorgeous olive green colour which helps everything to pop off the page. My only problem is that I also like the flowers on the back but I know that I can't have both. I decided I wanted to use the Gentian flower on the back as an embellishment so I have no choice but to cut this paper into two separate strips.  The good news is that I will still have 3 beautiful flowers to use on future layouts.


I fussy cut the Gentian flower and then this layout is put together.  All papers have been glued down.

This is where I got stuck.  The layout needs something but nothing comes to mind.  I am looking at the Kaisercraft die set "DIY Flora Leaves".  I look through the papers but nothing is jumping out at me, everything is too thick and I am thinking leaves gently falling to the ground.  They are thin and light.


I know I have the perfect paper in my stash.  It is plain white rice paper.  My creative juices start flowing.  I take out my Gel plate,  I start by spraying some "yellow" KAISERMIST.  I slap my rice paper down and pick up the colour,  It looks like a big mess.  I dry this layer with my heat gun.  I take my Tim Holtz "Splash" layering stencil from Aunty Vera, I lay the stencil on my gelly plate and spray some more yellow mist.
My paper needs more colour so I do the same process as before but using  Tim Holtz Distress spray stain in "shabby shutters"
My eye catches the beautiful "green-yellow Inka Gold" and I know this is the finishing touch my paper needs.  I grab my new favourite stencil and I go some stencilling to my rice paper.



I had so much fun creating that piece of paper but warning: it is a messy process, proceed with caution.

I take out my very old but faithful cuttlebug.  Using my new favourite leaf cutting die set from the wonderful Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft store which you can get at a great price if you visit her
website.  I cut out a whole lot of leaves and they look beautiful. 


I used a tiny dot of glue on the stems of these leaves to attach them to my page.  I then used some foam strips on the back of the leaves to add some dimension to the layout.  I take out some thickers from my stash, add my title and some journaling.  My layout is complete.


All these gorgeous products can be yours for a great price from Aunty Veras Scrap and Craft so head over to her website and have some fun. 

If you wish to see the process video here is the link






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...