Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The Life Within the Seed - Wendy's Easter Baskets

Hello Crafty Friends!
Wendy has a brilliant project for us today - beautiful decorated Easter baskets. She suggests that these would be great for your kids or grandkids but I think I need one of these on my desk!





Hello Everyone,

Today I have an easy way to make your own Easter Baskets for your children or in my case for my grandchildren. On a recent shopping trip I managed to pick up some of these cardboard boxes from one of our local 'cheapo' stores. After seeing them, I thought they would look great decorated, adding some sort of handle and making up some Easter baskets from them.



Once I got them home, I couldn't wait to start decorating and creating!

WHAT I USED:
 *Pre-made box shown above
*White Gesso
*BoBunny selection of patterned papers
*Coloured cardboard
*Aunty Vera Easter Egg Washi Tape
*Brads (to hold handles on)
*Selection of Prima Flowers
*Cut out words from BoBunny Cottontail Pastel 12x12 Patterned Paper
*Celebrate Easter Chip Board Accents from Echo Park
*Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy
*Glue
*Outside In Easter Egg Stackables from Lawn Fawns

I started by giving the edges of the boxes a coat with some white gesso. I wasn't too fussed on leaving the craft coloured cardboard. I wanted a bit more of a crisper white around the edges so when the patterned papers were put on, the papers would be a focal background. I did end up doing two coats of gesso, so it wasn't so see through. 


 While the edges were drying, I traced the shape of the front and side of the box and made a template up so it was easier to cut the desired shapes from the BoBunny patterned papers. When cut I inked the edges with Distress ink - Brushed Corduroy.


I used PVA glue to adhere the cut patterned papers to the front, back and sides of the boxes. I used one cut piece of BoBunny patterned paper for one box. So the front and back have the same pattern and then the reverse of the paper was placed on the sides.



The box was starting to look like a basket but it needed a handle. I cut a one inch strip from the plain pastel coloured cardboard Aunty Vera had sent me but it was too plain! So, I placed a full length strip of Aunty Veras' Easter Egg Washi Tape right along the center of the handle...oh wow!...it made the handle pop...loved it! I used brads to attach the handles to the sides of the box and my Easter baskets started to come to life.



Then it was a matter of making the baskets look a little more festive. I decorated each basket differently using chip board pieces, prima flowers, some shape sprinkles from Doodlebug and some stickers from my own supplies.




As an added embellishment, I cut a few words from the BoBunny Cottontail Pastels 12x12 paper sheet and glued them to a small strip of pastel coloured cardboad and also placed them on the baskets.This paper would also make wonderful word embellishments for a garden or spring themed project, On the back of some baskets I used the egg shaped die cuts from Lawn Fawns Outside In Easter Egg Stackables Dies. 



Each basket turned out so awesome and very festive for Easter. Below are a few pictures of the front and back of the baskets.

                                









The video below shows the start to finish of the Easter Baskets in the making.

Hope you Enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. what gorgeous baskets. I just wish i had more time. I would love to make these for the teacher but school finishes 3 days times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Wendy, now to find the baskets lolxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...