Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The Life Within the Seed - Wendy's Decorated Letter Words

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today begins our month of Easter and garden inspired craft ...... and Wendy has a very creative way to get us started - with a couple of decorated wooden words that will make you want to CREATE some amazing EASTER projects..........





Hello Everyone !

So excited to start this month  making a few projects in the Easter theme.
This project was a rather easy and fun one. I had some small wooden letters in my own stash for a couple of years and the letters combined made the word 'CREATE'. I was having a play around with them and realised if I could pick up the letter 'S', I would be able to have two words made from the same letters: that being 'EASTER' AND 'CREATES'. How fun is that!


This is one of the finished decorated letter words...



What I Used:
* A selection of BoBunny Pattern Papers
*PVA Glue (any wet glue)
*A Destressing tool
*Nuvo Crystal Drops
*A selection of Prima flowers
*Vintage coloured ink
*Turquoise coloured paint (Kaisercraft brand)
*Aunty Vera Washy Tape- Easter Egg Pattern
*Doodlebug Shape Sprinkles-Bunnys

I started by getting every letter and flipping it over and tracing around it's shape on the BoBunny patterned paper. I used quite a selection of the BoBunny paper patterns, just to mix it up a little. Once I traced the shape of the letters I cut them out about 3mm smaller than the traced line, so they would show a slight edge on the wooden letter.



Once I had all my paper letters cut out, I worked on the wooden letters and decided to paint round the edges and if there was any paint left over, I gave the front of the letter shape a coat. Even though the majority of this would be covered with the patterned paper.

While the paint was drying on the wooden letter, I used a small distressing tool on the edges of the cut paper letter shape, to rough up the edges and make it look a little grungy. I do like a bit of grunge!...heehee!

Then I gave the paper edges an inking with the vintage coloured ink, to bring more definition when it is placed on the wooden piece.



I used a PVA glue to adhere all the letters onto their respective wooden shaped letters and then it was a matter of decorating the front of the letters to however you like. I used a selection of Aunty Vera's Easter Egg Washi Tape, some prima flowers, Nuvo Crystal Drops, some of the bunny heads from the Doodlebug Shape Sprinkles and also a few Easter themed stickers I had in my own stash.

This was a lot of fun to decorate as I had the help of my granddaughter and together I think we made the letters turn out so festive for Easter and inspirational with the word 'CREATE/S'.



I hope you will find some inspiration to decorate some wooden letters yourself. And if you don't have any of the wooden letter shapes, you may like to draw your own letters on some recycled cardboard and glue a couple of layers together to get a little thickness and then decorated it in an Easter theme.


The video below shows the start to finish of me decorating one of the letter 'E's in the words.


Hoping you will try it yourself and have a great day!
Wendy Mason

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wendy this project is really lovely. I love the look of wooden decorated letters and your pick of papers is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have to do the word Creates for sure, I love this project Wendy.. just goes to show you don't just have to make a card with thee gorgeous papers... x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...