Monday, April 29, 2019

The Life Within the Seed - Silvia's Double page layout "Easter Hat Parade"

Hello Crafty Friends!
Did you take lots of lovely colourful photos over Easter?
Well now is the time to get scrapping!
Here's some inspiration from Silvia.... showing that you don't need a hugs stash.... or even a whole lot of patterned paper.... to create an awesome double page layout...





I hope you all had a lovely Easter spent with those you love.  I cannot believe its nearly the end of April but I must say I have enjoyed the BoBunny papers and my goodies for the Evil Enabler products for April.   I managed to get another double page layout for you guys.

In today's layout, I will show you that you don't need a lot to make a great page (or two).  I was running low on paper but I had a great stamp set and I had some embossing powder as well as my new found love "Inka Gold".

I took out two 12x12 beige coloured cardstock and then I sat playing with my photos for ages trying to find a composition that worked.  In my head, I had the idea of having an Easter egg border.  So I had marked on my paper in pencil a border where I was later going to add my easter eggs.

I also used an oval die cut to shape some of my photos into easter eggs.  I love how this breaks up the monotony of all square edges.  I feel that it soften the page.




Now for my master plan...  I got out my misti and using water coloured paper I stamped out a lot of eggs.  I used Ranger's archival Ink in jet black.
This beautiful stamp is part of my chosen products from Aunty Vera Scrap and craft.


This next part took a while but it was a labour of love and my form of relaxation.  I took out some watercolour paints and started colouring in.  


Lucky for me another part of my chosen products was the matching die for these lovely eggs so I spent some time using my old cuttlebug.

I should also add that I embossed the bows using another of my chosen products the gorgeous Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder in "Kind Midas Gold"

I love how these eggs look.

I am not liking the plain beige cardstock so I went to my collection of stencils and found a stencil from Kaisercraft called "crackle". It's a 12x12 stencil and it reminded me of an easter egg that has fallen and broken into a number of pieces. 

I wanted to use my other chocen product which was the Inka Gold "Green Yellow".  but it was too bright to use alone so I mixed it with some white texture paste and I love how this turned out.

Its so easy to design your own paper.

My layout was lacking some embellishment but lucky for me the Bo Bunny "cottontail" collection of paper had lots of wonderful Images I could fussy cut out.


I finally realise now that my original idea is not going to work and I cannot have a border of colourful Easter eggs.  I go looking for more inspiration and I see that I have a sticker sheet.  I take out some scrap cardstock and I pick some stickers I think will work and make a few more embellishments.  I never use stickers as they are intended because I change my mind a lot.


I could not work out what was wrong with this layout, so I went to bed and the next day I studied the photos and it dawned on me. The school uniform shirts are orange and that is what I am lacking.  I find two pieces of orange cardstock.  I am going to trim my lovely homemade background papers and then matt them with this orange cardstock.  I will also be matting my photos with the same orange cardstock.

The double page layout is complete.  I managed to use my lovely eggs and I adhered all those embellishments I fussy cut out and made out of stickers. 

Hope you like the final result. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...