Thursday, April 18, 2019

The Life Within the Seed - Silvia's Great Egg Roll Comp 12x12 Scrapbook Layout

Hello Crafty Friends!
Are you a "buy the paper first, then plan the photos around the paper" type of scrapper? Or a "make it up as you go" girl? I'm definitely the latter. That must be why I love Silvia's intuitive style of creating pages! I just love how this Easter layout came together!





Happy Easter Everyone,  I am getting my easter scrap happening, so lucky for me I had some photos that were willing to cooperate.

Today's layout will be a double page layout as I had a story to tell and the only way to tell a story is to add lots of photos to the layout.
I had my photos printed in various sizes at Harvey Norman.  4x6, 3x4, 3x2 that way I had lots of choices when I started my layout because I hardly ever preplan.  The layouts evolve on their own and I just let inspiration and creativity take over.

My first step was to matt my photos with some purple cardstock.  Sorry forgot to photograph the main photo...Opps.

I must admit that my first idea failed miserably (because I need a new die cutting machine) and I butchered a beautiful piece of paper. 😿

My second attempt was lucky successful.  I picked this beautiful piece of paper and I will be fussing cutting the rabbit out to use as an embellishment on my layout.  I am so in love with these Bo Bunny papers.


I use this paper as a second matt for my photos and I will be using an old punch to decorate around all four sides.

Since I only had one of each paper, there was no way I could do a double spread with two different papers.  (my anal little brain would not allow it).  I end up choosing some plain beige coloured cardstock from my stash and then I got a stencil and I used some "bundled Sage" distress oxides to create my own background.


I did not have any embellishment or ephemera to work with this collection but that is ok because of course, I  make my own.  I fussy cut out the bunny from my paper and I also utilised my scraps from the cottontail collection to cut some strips that will work as borders around my photos and will also help to bring both pages together.

My page needed more work so I looked at my paper and I found lots of beautiful images to fussy cut and use as added ephemera.  I chose to separate papers and watching some telly, I snuggled with my doggy and cat to do some fussy cutting.

I used different thickers I had in my stash to create the title "the great egg rolling comp"  and then I put this layout together.  Here is the end result.

Oops, nearly forgot to add that I dived into my container of brads and eyelets and I can finally say that some of these brads were finally used on a layout.  So happy days.  The brads really made the centre photos pop.


I hope you like it and though I struggled with this layout, I am very pleased with the end result.  Sometimes you just have to soldier on.

Happy Easter everyone and remember to hold your loved ones tight and tell them you love them every single day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...