Wednesday, June 12, 2019

C is For Cookie - Donna's Cookie Bag

Hello Crafty Friends!
We're having lots of fun in the kitchen this month.... crafting and baking.
Today Donna has a great little cookie bag for us - as long as your cookies last long enough to make it to the box!!! LOL





Hi all,
I have a little cookie gift bag to show you.. It is easy to create, you just have to practice a little on the corners but once you got it then it is like a DUH!! moment easy right..

I apologise for the first lot of photos but it was a really weird day with the weather. One minute overcast and rain, the next the sun shining that bright it hurt the eyes.. One thing stayed the same though, it was freezing .. (It played havoc with the camera) 

So let's get started:
Score a 12 inch x 12 inch piece of paper at 3 inches and 9 inches.


Turn and score at 5 inch and 7 inch


Burnish all your score lines


Measure down 2 inches on both sides as shown, turn and do the same the other end.


Draw a line from that mark to the first score line as shown.


Score all four lines as shown in photo. Like a diamond with flat sides lol


Here's the tricky bit.. Crease the score line back towards the side.



And voila you have done it..


Do all four corners.


Once I did this I unfolded it and inked all the edges.. I also pressed the middle bits 
in a little with my finger to make it fold easier later..


Inked score lines.


Where I have scribbled (realise I should have done this in red) in the corners you will place adhesive on it..only on these sections..


Fold back over as first shown , the corners should now be adhered down.. 


Just for fun, I scribbled strange recipes in the corners , (Do not attempt to make these as they are for fun only) lol.


I added the flap on with the hole re enforcers..


Cut a flap at 4 inch x 6 inch. Punch along both ends as shown then score at 1 3/4 inch width.


Fold over the back of your bag and adhere the back piece only..


I placed some washi tape on the back of the flap to give a little interest.(yes it does look upside down but is not)


I cut the hole re enforcers with a 1/4 inch hole punch then over that with a 1/2 inch punch. 


Cookies wrapped in a clear bag and placed in the gift bag..


I did make some cookies but the kids ate them so had to use Monte Carlos lol


Effective, or you could use choccies if you like..


Side view when closed.


Back of bag with the ribbon attached..


Front of the bag.. I decorated it with some black bling and a few stickers of the sticker sheet..
Simple but handy and effective..


Products are:

Ingredient Paper Collection and Sticker Sheet - Authentique  
 Candy Necklace, Licorice Twist, Wax lips - Bazzill Cardstock
Bookshelf Border Stamp - Darkroom Door
Tim Holtz Laboratory Thinlits Dies - Sizzix 
Chit Chat, So Much Pun Die Cuts- Doodlebug Designs
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels
Ornate Metal Corners - Graphic 45
Mosaic Designer Template - KaiserCraft  

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the Crafty Vera & Friends facebook group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout June..

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

2 comments:

  1. I love this cute cookie bag, I will make end of the year teacher treat bags with this tutorial. Thank you Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...