Friday, June 7, 2019

C is For Cookie - Donna's Recipe Book

Hello Crafty Friends!
I'm so glad that the cold weather has finally arrived! It makes for so any perfect opportunitoes to get cooking and baking in the kitchen! Which means of course - the need for beautiful recipe books to hold your special recipes!
Donna has a fabulous recipe book for us today - with lots of spots and hidey holes to keep those precious family recipes.....





Hi All, 
Here we are again with a Creative Team project for 
Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft - AVSC

This month 'June' is themed 'C Is For Cookie" and yep it's my favourite topic
'COOKING'

Of course I had to create a recipe book and with this gorgeous paper it turned out perfect..
This design was cased from Kathybydesigns.com



Cut five pages 8 inches x 5 inches. Score at 3 5/8 inches x 4 3/8 inches.


 On one page fold as shown. 


On one page fold 1 1/8 inch both sides and fold back on itself  as shown.


Use strong adhesive on the top and bottom flap only so it makes a pocket. When you add it to the  book, adhere the whole top and bottom to the next page  


 I used a white page so you can see where to adhere the black pages as an example.. Adhere under the black page on the edges.





Place the pages together and sew down the spine or use strong adhesive to keep it together.


Cut all the mats out and ink around the edges.


Cover of book.. 3 3/8 inch x 4 3/4 inch. Cut four - cover, inside & back, inside. 


Mats: 1 1/2 inch x 4 7/8 inch, 1 inch x 4 7/8 inch, 1 3/8 inch x 4 7/8 inch Cut two of each. 


I mucked up with this measurement so you will see an assortment of papers on this page.. 
I cut a square, 1/8 inch smaller than the triangle and then cut that in half on the diagonal. 
Adhere the edge and the bottom together to form a pocket..


Cut 3 3/8 inch x 4 7/8 inch cut four.



Using the Mosaic template, place it on the Wax Lips Bazzill cardstock (love , love this colour) and pat Versa Mark ink over the top.


Pour Vintage Pearl Embossing Powder over top as shown. Tap off excess and heat emboss. 


You can see in this photo I have started to heat emboss on the outside - shiny and bright.


I rubbed Archival Coffee on top of the embossing and though you might not see it here, it
actually made a gold colour.. Happy coincidence for me..  


Cover is decorated with stickers from the sticker sheet.. I made them into a shaker topper.. 
(you cannot have too many shaker cards lol)


For the Inside Cover I used a cut-apart from one of the 12 x 12 inch papers and made a pocket to hold a tag with recipes.. 
The fold back flap with tags in both sides is Page One.


Page Two has the fold down flap with a couple of recipe tags on the top and one under. 
Page Three I made a pocket with a cut-apart and printed a few recipes together and folded one over the pocket as shown.. I added another tag behind it..


Page Four I left simple with a printed recipe.
I covered the spine with washi tape by simply wrapping it completely around the spine. 
Page Five I created a waterfall using the idea from Gina over at AVSC. This has recipes on the pages..


Page Six  I did a fold down flap with a pocket underneath.. 
Again I used Gina's Idea Here to create this..
Page Seven is a mirror image from page two. I made a little booklet from the cut apart paper and tied it with string.. I tucked it underneath the flap.


Page Eight is a mirror image from page one.
The inside Back Cover has a cut-apart as a pocket with a tag in it.


For the Spine I stamped Coffee Understands from Picket Fence on to sticky back canvas and adhered it to the spine..




Products are:

Ingredient Paper Collection and Sticker Sheet - Authentique  
 Candy Necklace, Licorice Twist, Wax lips - Bazzill Cardstock
Bookshelf Border Stamp - Darkroom Door
Tim Holtz Laboratory Thinlits Dies - Sizzix 
Chit Chat, So Much Pun Die Cuts- Doodlebug Designs
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels
Ornate Metal Corners - Graphic 45
Mosaic Designer Template - KaiserCraft  

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the Crafty Vera & Friends facebook group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout June..
  

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Another great project I want to get to!! Love all the pics. You are so inspiring Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna this book is beautiful I am definitely making it. Your work is always amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...