Wednesday, June 19, 2019

C is for Cookie - Donna's Tea Dispenser Box

Hello Crafty Friends!
I am such a tea girl. I love my cups of tea........ pretty much all day long! So Donna has totally won me over today with her Tea Dispenser Box. I SO need to make this one!






Hi all,

How are we all with all the chilly weather we have been having.. I have to be honest I love the wood heater but don't like all the mess that comes with it..

Today I made a tea bag holder or a tea dispenser box is what I called it.. I love this paper and it went brilliantly with the black Licorice Twist bazzill cardstock..

Cut a piece of Candy Necklace Bazzill cardstock at 6 inches x 12 inches.. Score at 1 inch. 


Turn and score at 3 1/16 inches, 5 3/4 inches, 8 13/16 inches, 11 1/2 inches. 


Close up of where the score lines are..



Measure up 1 3/4 inches from the bottom at the second score line and draw a line.


Cut out as shown along the line you just made and cut a slit up to the score line on the third panel and cut the corner away on the bottom right..


The box should now look like this.. 
Hint: When I make another one I will cut a small piece of cardstock to place on the inside above the cut out piece to strengthen it a fraction..


Cut the top of the box at 4 5/8 inches x 4 1/4 inches, score 3/4 inches on all four sides.
Cut to score lines on two sides and trim corners as shown.
Cut the base at 31/2 inches x 3 1/4 inches.


Adhere the box together as shown on the base..




I cut a mat to fit inside the box just to neaten it.. 


Fold the lid as show and adhere.. Again I cut mats to neaten the lid . 
(just realised I haven't a photo to show you of the inside sides I finished eek)


I did take a photo of the outside sides lol
The mats are 2 7/8 inches x 2 5/8 inches, 5/8 inch x 2 7/8 inches


Box with the mats , Cut Three pieces of  4 7/8 inches x 2 7/8 inches for the black. 4 5/8 inches x 2 5/8 inches for the designer paper.. Cut one side at 2 1/2 inches x 4 1/8 inches



I placed a black band around the box and using 3D foam tape placed Cut - Aparts from the 12 x 12 cardstock on three sides..




I mounted the sticker on a piece of scrap cardboard and used 3D foam tape to give a little dimension. I inked around the wooden embellishment Forever Friends with Distress Ink and covered that and Mom's Diner with Glossy Accents..


Again I inked around the edges and applied Glossy Accents over the hearts.


The finished box.







Products are:

Ingredient Paper Collection and Sticker Sheet - Authentique  
 Candy Necklace, Licorice Twist, Wax lips - Bazzill Cardstock
Bookshelf Border Stamp - Darkroom Door
Tim Holtz Laboratory Thinlits Dies - Sizzix 
Chit Chat, So Much Pun Die Cuts- Doodlebug Designs
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels
Ornate Metal Corners - Graphic 45
Mosaic Designer Template - KaiserCraft  

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the Crafty Vera & Friends facebook group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout June.

I hope I have inspired you
to create glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Donna....now if I was only a tea drinker!! lol...I suppose I could get the coffee or hot chocolate packets and use them in it...good idea! xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...