Friday, June 28, 2019

C is for Cookie - Gina's Altered Wafer Tin

Hello Crafty Friends!
I always love upcycle projects... who doesn't have a stash of tins and boxes waiting to be crafted into something awesome? Today Gina takes an ordinary wafer tin and cooks up a thing of beauty!





Hey everyone, my last project for this month is another upcycled project. My children and I love spiral wafers and I hate throwing tins out so we have a few of these tins waiting for me to do something with them. I started with 2 pages from the Authentique Ingredient 8x8 paper pad which I cut down to the height of the tin (about 6.5 inches) and stuck onto the tin.


I then cut two strips from my off-cuts to about 1 inch width and punched both edges with my border punch. I stuck these strips on the tin where the 2 papers meet. I used one of the Santoro ribbons to line the top and bottom.


I stuck one of the Santoro bows on the top ribbon where it overlaps and used another Santoro ribbon which I stuck around the cover.


I cut a circle from one of my off-cuts with my circle die. This one is about 3.5 inches diameter and I used one of my doily dies on the Bazzill Wax Lips paper. I then stuck them on the top of the cover with the doily die cut slightly off-centre.


I cut some leaves out with one of my dies and inked the edges with my Kaisercraft Forest ink pad. I then layered the Prima Scribbles flowers and the leaves over the doily die cut and used a strip of bling from my stash on the edge of the circle.


On the front of the tin I used one of the 3x4 cards which I stuck in  the centre and then layered those beautiful Tim Holtz funky floral die cuts on the side. On the top left corner of the card I stuck one of the Christmas Cookie buttons. I also decided to add another Santoro bow on the top of the other strip.


Here's a look at my tin from another angle.


See you again soon on the other side of winter and till then stay awesome.

Gina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...