Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Heart of Mine - Aussie Scrapper's 12x12 layout "My Awesome, Amazing Girl"




Hello everyone,  I hope everyone is staying cool in this very hot summer we are having and thankfully February is the last month of summer..(I don't believe I just said that) but yes I'm over the heat.  With the heat, I have been finding it hard to scrapbook as my scrapping room gets really hot and this heat is not motivating me at all.  I was however ordered to scrapbook and sent to my room for talking too much....  whilst in my naughty corner I came up with this layout...I hope you like it.

The theme being "Heart of Mine" and the papers having so much red and black, I started by looking through my photos and I found some beautiful photos of my darling girl and I knew that these photos would go well with the papers.

Once I picked and printed my photos I chose the following paper for my background.
Graphic 45 Love Notes Collection paper "Poetic Postage"


My next step was to matt my photos, so I decided on these gorgeous papers " Standing Ovation" is the black paper and the red is called "Musical Masterpiece"


Here are my photos all matted...


My layout so far....


For some crazy reason, I decided that I was going to do some stitching and so I hand drew a love heart around my photo and then watched a movie while doing some chain stitching.  Took forever but I must say it did relax me and I love the end result.


One of my chosen products was this beautiful die & stamp set from Kaisercraft called "Golden Grove".  I thought the flowers coordinated well with my daughter's dress, so I did some water colouring on some cardstock, stamped my flowers and did some fussy cutting,


I had no idea what to title this layout so I went through my stash and I found these wood veneer words so I took my favourite medium from Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft and painted the words in red.  They looked amazing.


Time to find some embellishments so I pulled out the Graphic 45 "love notes collection" chipboard and I chose the stunning butterfly and some little chipboard circles.  I have circled them in white.


Next I pulled out the sticker sheet and I chose this lovely sentiment which I stuck to some cardstock and then did some fussy cutting and mounted the sticker onto some foam for extra dimension.


My final step was to of course put everything together and I also inked around my paper with the red Inka Gold. Here is the completed layout.


I must say I love this layout and the stitching was well worth the effort.  

To get your hands on these beautiful paper, stamps, stickers, chipboard and of course all the Inka gold you could possibly want please click HERE.
Happy crafting everyone.
Silvia xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Silvia, love the look of hand-stitching on paper and yours was definitely worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter looks so cute, it's a great age (most of the time). I'm impressed that you did the stitching, something I would never have thought to do on a scrapbook layout.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...