Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Heart of mine - Aussie Scrapper's scrapbook layout. "Lifetime love"




Welcome back my dear crafty friends, it's good to be back blogging and I am grateful Aunty Vera wanted me a mere scrapbooker back in her fold.  I have seen the January projects and they are amazing, so let's jump straight into some scrapbooking.

The collection we are using this month is from Graphic 45 and its called "Love Notes collection".  I absolutely love this collection but it will be challenging for me as it's very romantic and that is really not my style.

I started by looking through my photos and finally came across this a photo of my in laws. I love this photo and immediately I knew this collection would be great to document a love that has stood the test of time.

Once I had a photo picked, I chose my papers.  The two papers I chose are:  Love notes (black paper)
and "Romantic Rhapsody" (red and creme paper)


I decided that the Love Notes (black paper) was going to be my border paper but as it was so beautiful, I still wanted to use in on my layout, so I gutted it.  Leaving a one-inch border and a hole in the middle.


Next, I trimmed one inch off two sides of the  "Romantic Rhapsody" paper.  I distressed the edges of my paper and then inked them with "vintage photo" distress oxide.


I adhered my papers together and so far so good.


I cut a strip from the leftover  Love notes (black paper) and I also fussy cut around one of the printed sayings as I will use this as an embellishment.  I loved that it was not overly romantic and spoke of those hard times in a life long marriage "I know not why I love thee".  I know that is how I feel sometimes.


I needed a second strip of paper and decided on this beautiful red paper with beige hearts named "Musical Masterpiece" 


Now, I had two strips of paper and I distressed all the edges of both papers and inked them with "vintage photo" distress ink.


Time now to start to put this layout together so I pulled out the sticker collection and these are the stickers I picked.  I like to stick the stickers onto some cardstock and fussy cut around them as this lets me move them around and changed my mind if I want to. 


I matted my photo on some cream cardstock and then I stuck down the long sticker with the beautiful roses and the beautiful sentiments on the top and bottom.


I also picked two pieces from the chipboard collection.


I also fussy cut one the roses from this beautiful paper called "floral symphony"


I did a tiny bit of mixed media on this layout using the ink gold "Rose quartz' and Dylusions love heart stencil While the paste was still wet, I stuck down some Nuvo "Red Carpet Circles" confetti


Finally, after a lot of arranging and rearranging of my embellishments, this is the final result.


I hope you like the finished layout.  The colours and theme are way out of my comfort zone but I must admit I am really pleased with how this layout turned out. I  just need to know if Aunty Vera sells any 12x12 frames as I think I want this one on my wall. 

All products used can be purchased at Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft and for the month of February, they are at reduced prices.

If you wish to see the process video here is the link:   https://youtu.be/CDqM_vmqa00


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...