Thursday, February 20, 2020

Heart of Mine - Donna's Love Grid Board




Hi all,
Here we are with another project for AVSC with the gorgeous Love Notes from Graphic 45..
I adore Graphic 45 papers and accessories.
You are not going to believe it but when I ordered the letter grid board from Aunty Vera, I did not realise just how big it was. It is gorgeous and so much fun to do.. I hope you like it..

So here is what happened... I started to spray paint this board and ran out of paint, I thought ok it's good enough.. I left it outside to dry while I did other things.I hear an almighty clap of thunder and then the rain bucketed down.. I'm sitting at the desk thinking yah water for my tanks and what garden I do have when it dawned on me.. Yep the board was still outside.. I run out in the pouring rain to get it, take it in the studio and it's warped all out of shape.. Oh no !! I thought Aunty Vera is going to kill me.. I let it dry then glued it together with E6000 and placed bull clips all around it and placed something heavy on it.. Did it work? You bet it did lol  (no heads rolling here Aunty Vera Phew!! )..


I cut 20 pieces of paper to fit in the grid board.
I placed these in the squares as shown after inking around them with Tea Dye Distress Ink.


You are not going to believe this either.. I wanted to use the gorgeous Love Hearts stencil I received in the kit and forgot to do it on the paper BEFORE I glued them down. SO you will see very odd shapes indeed as I had to try and squeeze the template in the small areas and spread the Modelling Paste mixed with a little Lava Red Inka GoldRustic I will say x


You can just see the hearts under the lace in this photo.


The finished Sections..

I made this heart with 4 circles and a square..


You can actually do this two ways.
1. Cut a 1 3/4 square and four 1 3/4 inch circles. I joined them together as show to create a template.


The second way is to draw a square and trace around a circle (here I used a paint lid)



I then traced it onto good cardstock and inked around the edges as well as the two folds..


Voila it's finished.. Just adhere a little glue under the top folded side (only on the other folded piece as this then gives you a pocket).


Love Love this die from AVSC


The Finished Grid Board with a border on the bottom and punched hearts over the board.. 


Check out my blog for all the individual squares up close..
I loved creating this and hope you sincerely give it a go with either these papers or from your stash.
And don't forget Aunty Vera has everything in our Kits on sale.. 

Happy Crafting...

Kit:
Kaisercraft - Grid Letter Board
Kaisercraft - Anthology Stamp
Ranger Dylusions - Love Heart small Stencil
Graphic 45 - Love Notes Paper Collection
Graphic 45 -  Love Notes Stickers
Graphic 45 - Love Notes Chipboard
Graphic 45 - Love Notes Cardstock Die Cuts
Graphic 45 - Love Notes Journalling and Ephemera Cards
Graphic 45 - Square Tag and Clock Metal Die

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout February.
.............................................................
My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

I hope I have inspired you
with glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this Donna, it's gorgeous xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - I will be studying this hard for embellishment ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you nd take whatever ideas you want 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Donna, I love the Graphic 45 Square Tag and Clock Die too. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...