Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Heart of Mine - Donna's Card Folder




Hi all,

Another project for AVSC which I so enjoyed creating that I should pay Aunty Vera for the honour of doing it lol.. 

Cut one piece of cardstock at 12 inches x 5 inches
Cut two pieces of cardstock at 5 3/4 inches x 2 3/4 inches



Score the large piece of cardstock at 5 1/2 inch and 6 1/2 inch



Score the pockets at 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch as shown on three sides only.. 
For the pockets, Cut two pieces of black cardstock at 4 1/2 inches x 2 inches and 
two pieces of Love Notes cardstock at 5 1/4 inches x 1 3/4 inches..

NOTE: check the pattern before punching the two corners...


Cut the tabs off at the bottom..


It was here that I realised that the black was too strong for what I wanted to do so I changed it over to cream cardstock. (all the measurements are the same as above).


Round the corners both ends on the large piece of cardstock.


You can see where I now have a spare one lol.


I created a template for where I wanted the handle due to the thickness of the cardstocks.. ( paper's crooked on this photo lol)


I decided to create black mats under the gorgeous papers to make them pop more.. 

Cut four pieces of black cardstock at 4 3/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches, round the corners, 
and one piece at 4 3/4 inches x 3/4 inch.
Cut four pieces of Love Notes cardstock at 4 1/2 inches x 5 inches and one piece 
at 4 1/2 inches x 1/2 inch.
(AND I forgot to take a photo of these steps lol)

For the pockets, Cut two pieces of black cardstock at 4 1/2 inches x 2 inches and 
two pieces of Love Notes cardstock at 5 1/4 inches x 1 3/4 inches..

NOTE: check the pattern before punching the two corners...

I used this little journal card as the focus piece on my shaker front.


I added die cut notes and a sticker on the front of the acetate which is framed by Label Seventeen (Spellbinder Nestabilities), 


I found this rose in a scrap bag and used it on the corner. 


I only have white seam binding so decided to dye it a pinkish red..


On a plastic sheet rub some ink and spray with water.. Also spray the seam binding to make it easier to soak up the colour and remember it will dry lighter..  You might have to do this several times, even putting ink to the seam binding if you want it darker.. Dry it completely..
(I used Abandoned Coral and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks..) 


The one I did above with a Vintage Photo ink.



Inside the Card Folder. And a quick look at what is going into the Folder..



The finished Card Folder..





  
Kit:
Kaisercraft - Grid Letter Board
Kaisercraft - Anthology Stamp
Ranger Dylusions - Love Heart small Stencil
Graphic 45 - Love Notes Paper Collection
Graphic 45 -  Love Notes Stickers
Graphic 45 - Love Notes Chipboard
Graphic 45 - Love Notes Cardstock Die Cuts
Graphic 45 - Love Notes Journalling and Ephemera Cards
Graphic 45 - Square Tag and Clock Metal Die

You get a great discount on all products used by the Creative team this month..


You can purchase the items HERE
and check out the facebook group to see everything the Creative Team will be creating throughout February.
.............................................................
My FaceBook page Donna's Fun Stuff HERE 
My Pinterest page Donmaree HERE
My Youtube Channel HERE
My Blog HERE
And don't to forget to say hi on Instagram donna.triffitt

I hope I have inspired you
with glorious things.
Hugs
Donna xx

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...