Monday, February 24, 2020

Heart of Mine: Wedding Journal Embellishments and Flip-through




Hi everyone 😊
I have pulled out my Graphic 45 "Love Notes" paper scraps and stickers, plus my other Aunty Vera  Scrap and Craft goodies for February to begin making the embellishments for my Wedding Junk Journal.  Keep reading to the end to see a flip-through of the completed journal!

 

First I cut a large tag from the "Musical Masterpiece" paper.  To embellish this I decided on one of the Nested Stitched Scalloped Heart die-cuts, some old book paper and a black photo mat cut from my stash of cardstock.  I inked all edges with "Vintage Photo" distress ink.


Some of my second-hand lace was added to the bottom front of the tag, overhanging just a little so you can see a peek of it from the back.  Another small piece was sewn on as a tag topper.


The photo mat was placed on the back of the tag with double-sided tape and vintage book paper was adhered to the heart as a writing spot.  The heart was then stuck down using double-sided tape again, leaving the top unstuck so a photo can be slipped underneath.


 Here is a process video on the tag:

Next I decided to make an altered paperclip.  I chose three of the "Nesting Stitched Scalloped" die-cut hearts and used two even sized ones - one was cut from plain red card stock from my stash and I slipped a large gold paperclip over this, and the other I glued atop the first to create the base of my paperclip embellishment.  I then placed a smaller die-cut heart on the front, added some black lace, a punched heart and a lovely saying ("Let me call you Sweetheart") from the "Love Notes" papers.  I slipped a piece of black eyelash trim up under the paperclip at the back and tied a knot in this - which I added a little glue to as it has a tendency to come undone!  All paper pieces were edged with distress ink.


Process video of the paperclip being made:


I wanted to make a small booklet to slip in under a belly-band I created previously, so I used the off-cut of a manila folder to freehand draw a love heart that I could fold out to see what it looked like opened.  I used this as a template to trace the outline onto a folded piece of "Love Notes" paper.  This made a gorgeous cover for my booklet.


I used the same technique to cut some pieces of tea-dyed paper and music paper, these were cut just a little smaller to fit inside the cover neatly. I grabbed a die-cut music paper heart to add a cute touch to the middle of the booklet.


I inked around the edges of all pieces then used my sewing machine and black thread to sew the page together down the center fold to create the book.


The final touch was to glue some black lace folded over the spine to add some flair and cover the stitching.  This has created much more room for journalling, or little love notes πŸ˜‰.


I decided I would use two of the larger die-cut hearts as tuck spots on a journal page so I inked around these and stuck them down with glue so that the tops were open and ephemera can be slid in behind.  I found this beautiful die-cut tag that someone had gifted me and used a sticker from the "Love Notes" Stickers pack to embellish it, and another sticker for the bottom border.  Some pianola roll paper was placed on the back of the tag as a writing spot.  
A simple, yet effective and beautiful place to hold more papers, photos, notes or tags.


Process video on these here:


I found the perfect page for my paperclip but it needed something tucked underneath.  I scrounged around and found a blank craft envelope and used a border sticker and quote sticker from the Graphic 45 "Love Notes" sticker sheets.  The quote sticker was put onto one of the die-cut shapes.  I added a stamp cut from the Poetic Postage paper and finished it all off with a postmark stamp.


Process video here:


It was so much fun making all of these embellishments to fill my journal with and now to finish the final touches ready for a flip-through of my completed wedding journal!


Here is the final flip-through of this beautiful junk journal.  I cannot wait to give it to my friends!


Take care and have fun crafting!
Nat xxx

3 comments:

  1. The embellishments look wonderful Nat xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming along nicely Nat. All your embellishments are soooo lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Nat, This really is such great paper.. Love that heart book, I might have to borrow that idea from you sometime xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...